• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Machete/Axe Alt-Fire!

Electrocuuute

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
I was thinking, since the Knife and Chainsaw both have an alt-fire, why not give the Machete and Axe alt-fires?

Possible Alt-fires I've thought up are...

Machete:

• Lunge - Stab attack that does more damage and can possibly hit a specimen behind it. 2 birds with 1 stone deal.
  • 2 handed chop - Two handed vertical swing that does more damage than the normal slash.
Axe:

• Wide swing - Wide swing that does a less damage than the normal swing, but can hit multiple enemies. Such as those in your FOV and in range. I can see this being a possible nightmare in FF servers, but it's not like standing next to someone with an axe is exactly safe.
  • Bunt - Bunt attack that stuns and knocks back a specimen.
  • Stabby pointed thing attack - I'm sure you guys know what I'm referring to; the pick shaped thing on the axe opposite of the blade. How about an attack that does damage and pulls a specimen to the side? Or maybe just do massive damage, I'm not sure about this one.

All alt-fires have a longer animation and cool down than the normal attacks.

I wouldn't mind a wide sweep with the Axe. However, I think that if alt fires were added, the prices of the weapons would have to go up given their increased functionality.

I'm not so sure I like that idea. The beauty of the current melee weapons is that they don't cost much to acquire (save for the chainsaw) and they are pretty darn effective already with what they do.

Upvote 0
make the axe more expensive yes. and booyah! I've always wanted to be able to hit multiple enemies with the axe and i would always think "well there's a secondary fire for it not being used. why cant they add that?"

and to make a point clear, this is not about effectiveness. they are already effective as hell. but why not sweeten the pot? this is just about making the game that much more f-ing fun to play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The atl fire on the axe is useless, you can kill a gorefast, clot, stalker and a crawler, i think i'll never use it yet is another useless thing people request just because, hey since its free so let's request it. Is not like is any good against FP's or Scrakes. What a pointless feature.

Upvote 0
The atl fire on the axe is useless, you can kill a gorefast, clot, stalker and a crawler, i think i'll never use it yet is another useless thing people request just because, hey since its free so let's request it. Is not like is any good against FP's or Scrakes. What a pointless feature.

You're bad if you think that Fire Axe alt fire isn't good. Check out my Berserker guide to get some tips on how to use it properly.

I stun lock Scrakes with it pretty frequently nowadays, and that's after the patch. Fire Axe alt fire is amaaaaziiiiiiing :D

Upvote 0

I actually agree. There's VERY little that the uber-slow alt-fire can do that a normal axe swing can't, including stun-locking Skrakes. It's just...bad...

Upvote 0
You're bad if you think that Fire Axe alt fire isn't good. Check out my Berserker guide to get some tips on how to use it properly.

I stun lock Scrakes with it pretty frequently nowadays, and that's after the patch. Fire Axe alt fire is amaaaaziiiiiiing :D

I can glitch a scrake with a knife :confused: don't know what u talking about but hey if it works for yah.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think we should petition for a different alt-fire.

Imo, I think the current alt-fire should stay the same for all the weapons. Slower attack with extra damage. Only thing I'd ask to change is the fire axe animation. The right arm (I think, might be both or left) looks really odd on your screen when you do it.

We should petition for the primary fire for all melee weapons (excluding the knife, it's too short and at starting weapon) to be a weak multi target attack.
The chainsaw's primary is good enough for a multi target since you just hold in and aim at the specimen, no real swinging action there.

Upvote 0