• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lowering graph settings

Sanyika

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 13, 2010
First of all, hello there, I'm new to the forum, and like to congratulate for your game release.
I have a bit of a technical question:
Is the low setting in the options menu really is the absolutely lowest setting? Because when it was just a mod for UT3, I could set the graphics to the lowest, and get a decent FPS (I have to admit, I have a not too powerful laptop, and therefore I have to play UT3 on almost the lowest settings).
But now I can barely survive the action scenes because of the bad framerate. So is there a way or a guide to modify the ini?

It is not the super lowest, but the remaining options barely have an impact on performance, so we didn't add those to the settings menu.

You can manually bring turn everything off in My Documents\My Games\The Ball\UDkGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

Look for [SystemSettings].

Make sure you really got the big ones turned off in the settings menu such as dynamic lights and ambient occlusion. Those two are really heavy.

Upvote 0