• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] LOTRO now free to play

whatever you do dont join brandywine. im in it, and im lvl 17 now so its too late for me to turn back. its the most overpopulated server by far according to others, and there are constant lag spikes. i died for the first time at 16 because of a lag spike, and i was working my way to those titles where you reach x level without dieing:mad:

Upvote 0
I just created a character and played for a little bit.

I think a good game should kill you a few times in the first level. How are you supposed to start off as a wimp when you kill everything without losing a hitpoint until level 4 or 5?

In any case, I'll run around for a few more hours in it and dump it, I think. I'm just not the kind of guy to go farming in these games.

Upvote 0
whatever you do dont join brandywine. im in it, and im lvl 17 now so its too late for me to turn back. its the most overpopulated server by far according to others, and there are constant lag spikes. i died for the first time at 16 because of a lag spike, and i was working my way to those titles where you reach x level without dieing:mad:

That sucks dude, was this at a peak time when its busy or during the day?

You can transfer a character onto a new server, but it costs money to do so. Guess you need to weigh up how much you were enjoying the game and if you think its worth it.

What did you think of what you had played?

Upvote 0
That sucks dude, was this at a peak time when its busy or during the day?

You can transfer a character onto a new server, but it costs money to do so. Guess you need to weigh up how much you were enjoying the game and if you think its worth it.

What did you think of what you had played?

haha since then ive played a bit more carefree and ive died like 10 times. the games pretty good so far, im in the barrow lands(?) i think, the area right next to the old forest in bree. its right by bombadils house

i was playing at around 7 et, so i guess thats around peak time. ive kind of gotten used to the lag spikes now

but all in all its a decent game, and so far its good. no idea if it gets boring after you reach a certain level but worst case is it keeps you entertained for a few weeks.

Upvote 0
I'm on Dwarrowdelf, and it's fine. No lag to speak of.

Only time I died so far was because my wife was yammering at me about something and I had to pay attention to her instead of what I was fighting. Got killed at like level 9 by something stupid weak.

Yep - been killed by the wife a time or two myself. Glad to see others get to enoy that as well.

Upvote 0