• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Loss of HUD and Weapon

iBot

May 30, 2015
I am going to do my best here.
Category: Code, animation, other?

Reproducibility: Unable to reproduce

Summary: Loss of HUD and Weapon on the display when player is grabbed by a Clot and then grabbed by Hans Volter going into "drain" mode

Description: If a Clot grabs a player and then Hans Volter grabs that same player to enter his

Just for the record there's an easier way to reproduce that ;)

- Play any wave and place a dummy thanks to the "spawnzed clot" command (or maybe "spawnzed fp" just to be sure the dummy doesn't die from friendly fire xD)
- Once you're done clearing the wave it will not be considered as finished because of the live dummy, at this point you can start the real work
- Spawn a clot with the "spawnai clot" command then spawn a Hans Volter thanks to the same command (I can't remember the exact codename to spawn him but I believe hans or boss do the trick or at least one of those)
- Do that as a Berserker, and you can outrun Hans while he tries to grab you, this way you can look out for the clot and let it grab you , at which point you just wait for Hansto grab you

To make things easier, spawning an army of clot might be a good idea to avoid killing the clot unintentionnally(harder to do, but makes reproducing the bug much easier) and activating god mode to avoid dying might be a good idea (doesn't prevent the grabs).

PS : Ok so about spawning multiple Zeds there already is a command for that (actually multiple commands). And for Hans, its spawncode is Ha. Totally off-topic : if you want to have some fun, add a dummy again, activate god mode, finish the wave then spawn a Ha and a FHa xD This is hilarious and I seriously hope you guys at Tripwire have some plans to use FHa in some gamemodes, because that would seriously rock. Ah the fun things you can learn with the right tool.

Not sure if that's the cheats, but with my techniques the bug was not reproduced. Maybe it is more than just being grabbed by Hans while grabbed by a Clot, there's maybe an added dimension of timing or whatever

Last edited:
Upvote 0