• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looong time to wait to join the server.

Kornas

Aug 28, 2012
Hi, maybe someone know the way that when im connecting into the server i can wait for less time? cuz its very boring to sit and wait till you can join the game, and only after about 3-5mins waiting you can join the server. If some1 knows, please tell me! BIG BIG THANKS.

its not a custom map downloading, for example im try to connect into the server where the map is apartmens, i need to wait about 4-5 mins, im connecting where the map is spartanovka, i need to wait about 4-5mins too. there is no difference thats the map, only if its custom map i need to wait 2x time more. how i saw in youtube others when connecting waiting only about 20-30sek. whats the problem it can be and how to fix it?

Upvote 0
its not a custom map downloading, for example im try to connect into the server where the map is apartmens, i need to wait about 4-5 mins, im connecting where the map is spartanovka, i need to wait about 4-5mins too. there is no difference thats the map, only if its custom map i need to wait 2x time more. how i saw in youtube others when connecting waiting only about 20-30sek. whats the problem it can be and how to fix it?

I didn't say it was custom map downloading. I said you should defragment. Defragment rearranges your files so its faster to access, hence the loading times. Custom maps are often twice the size of stock maps.

Upvote 0
Ohh Kornas you are very right. :)
It isn`t the tweak for this game. I already done that from the beginning.
Too many admins doesn`t know what they are doing.

Many admins have the setting for the first spawn for a very (too) long time.
I have it often that when i spawn the game is over.

It isn`t only TWI who spoils the game it is also done by admins of the servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omg Major Day thanks that was the way !!! and maybe some1 know what to do to when u drop the game down to see the messege from fb/steam etc. and when u trying to get back into the game u see only black screen and only way its to close the game by task manager. (trying to get answer here to not create the new theme.)

Upvote 0
you haven't supplied your computers specs, but i'd venture to guess it's on the edge of being able to play the game, if Major Days suggestion cured the delay. i wouldn't be opening any other programs when playing RO2. it doesn't look like the computer is up to the task. i'd turn off the fb/steam notifications.
no offence, i'm just thinking out loud here. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omg Major Day thanks that was the way !!! and maybe some1 know what to do to when u drop the game down to see the messege from fb/steam etc. and when u trying to get back into the game u see only black screen and only way its to close the game by task manager. (trying to get answer here to not create the new theme.)

Use F11 key to drop to windowed mode then press esc. that will allow you to use the cursor and the desktop.
Repress F11 to go back to fullscreen.

Upvote 0