• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Long time issues

random

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 19, 2012
Just wanted to know if TW does have these in their radar, since they have been in the game for a while now, please feel free to add anything i might be missing.

-Zeker parry skill gives dmg bonus all the time without the need to actually parry, this one was fixed for a bit then came back.

-Medic zedative skill doesn't trigger because poison has 1 second ticks just as zed time:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...eneral/general-discussion-af/2278864-zedative

-firebug weapons keep firing after releasing the button for a bit, making them have "free ammo" when compared to holding fire, the fire trail won't show, but they do burn the ground/etc.

-scrakes (and FPs) won't stun sometimes, most noticeable with the crossbow, but also happens with railgun, and maybe others (harder to confirm).

-swat weapons, bullup and scar have different sounds for different fire modes, not sure about the AR15 and AK.

-sniper skill takes around 170-180ms to kick in, not sure if intended but it's very annoying in fast paced game.

Firebug's "keep firing" thing is more of a left over effect, if you'd shoot from a flamethrower than you'd know that when you close the lid for the liquid the remaining fuel would still be firing off the weapon... like using a squirt gun, you shot and the squirt is still traveling in the air even if nothing comes from the barrel..... (sorry if i made it sound confusing, had couple of pints of beer :3)

The different sounds for assault weapons when switching modes is most likely that devs recorded continues firing sound while fully automatic and single shots.... Which explains why when you shot only 1 bullet from full auto mode but heard as if you shot 2 or 3 bullets.

IDK about scrakes and fp's stuns but i know that scrake still sometimes sprints when decaped.

Also problem with attack animations from zeds. From my latest experience i was taking dmg from sc,slasher and gorefiend before their animation would look like they would actually hit me.

P.S. 420 post ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2282768 said:
Firebug's "keep firing" thing is more of a left over effect, if you'd shoot from a flamethrower than you'd know that when you close the lid for the liquid the remaining fuel would still be firing off the weapon... like using a squirt gun, you shot and the squirt is still traveling in the air even if nothing comes from the barrel..... (sorry if i made it sound confusing, had couple of pints of beer :3)

The different sounds for assault weapons when switching modes is most likely that devs recorded continues firing sound while fully automatic and single shots.... Which explains why when you shot only 1 bullet from full auto mode but heard as if you shot 2 or 3 bullets.

IDK about scrakes and fp's stuns but i know that scrake still sometimes sprints when decaped.

Also problem with attack animations from zeds. From my latest experience i was taking dmg from sc,slasher and gorefiend before their animation would look like they would actually hit me.

P.S. 420 post ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

thanks for the reply.

firebug "keep firing" makes some sense, however there should still be a fire trail on that, currently it makes fire appear out of nowhere, and worse, it might be doing free dmg, would love if someone with more code knowledge could confirm, in which case it would be an unfair feature.

about sounds, that might as be for some cases, but i remember a dev saying it was a mistake for at least the mp5, i get what you are saying, it's very notorious on the M16, but in just cases the sound is just a different tone. all that said, that is not a huge deal, just remembered and put it there, the other things that affect gameplay are the main issue.

stuns not working when you expect them too can have a big impact when there is no room left, scrakes sprinting decaped looks funny and i think it's ok as long as they don't home into players and attack.

about attack hitting before the animation, it seems to be due to latency, but not sure how much of that is reasonable, i've had my worst experiences with that with husk fire, sometimes getting hit close to 2 seconds before they even begin attack animation, or sometimes getting hit while avoiding the fireball by a 1-2 meters sideways (before they could lit the ground), that was with around 50 ms latency.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2282768 said:
Firebug's "keep firing" thing is more of a left over effect

In that case, then the game currently depicts it incorrectly as the lingering actually drains fuel while it still lacks the drippings, instead of simply being cut off and disperse from the bottom/tail in response to the closure of fusion chamber (where the propulsion gas meets the fuel) as well as the nozzle (where the fuel goes aflame.)

Upvote 0
NokiaSE;n2282857 said:
In that case, then the game currently depicts it incorrectly as the lingering actually drains fuel while it still lacks the drippings, instead of simply being cut off and disperse from the bottom/tail in response to the closure of fusion chamber (where the propulsion gas meets the fuel) as well as the nozzle (where the fuel goes aflame.)

soo... Then they should add -1 fuel after trigger release then?

Upvote 0
random;n2282766 said:
Just wanted to know if TW does have these in their radar, since they have been in the game for a while now, please feel free to add anything i might be missing.

-Zeker parry skill gives dmg bonus all the time without the need to actually parry, this one was fixed for a bit then came back.

-Medic zedative skill doesn't trigger because poison has 1 second ticks just as zed time:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...eneral/general-discussion-af/2278864-zedative

-firebug weapons keep firing after releasing the button for a bit, making them have "free ammo" when compared to holding fire, the fire trail won't show, but they do burn the ground/etc.

-scrakes (and FPs) won't stun sometimes, most noticeable with the crossbow, but also happens with railgun, and maybe others (harder to confirm).

-swat weapons, bullup and scar have different sounds for different fire modes, not sure about the AR15 and AK.

-sniper skill takes around 170-180ms to kick in, not sure if intended but it's very annoying in fast paced game.
Zedative the way it is set up has many issues. Its also quite clear that poison damage resists are not set up to have poison as a main avenue of damage on a weapon.

Was the Scrake in another affliction animation like stumble or knockdown?

Mariuhana3k;n2282866 said:
about 25% of the time when i use a demo nade on an unraged fp to stun it, it ignores the effect and instantly starts raging.
Was the FP in another affliction animation? Did the dynamite point blank detonate? Did the dynamite point blank detonate on its arms?

Upvote 0
yup, zedative has some issues, as discussed in the topic linked with other players, some nice ideas there, but 1 thing is a skill being underwhelming and another very arguable thing is that a skill won't trigger at all because of a coincidence in timing.

no, scrake was in normal state, have tested this in various versions of the game without exageration literally hundreeds of times.

Upvote 0
random;n2282894 said:
yup, zedative has some issues, as discussed in the topic linked with other players, some nice ideas there, but 1 thing is a skill being underwhelming and another very arguable thing is that a skill won't trigger at all because of a coincidence in timing.

no, scrake was in normal state, have tested this in various versions of the game without exageration literally hundreeds of times.

Only other thing i can think of is cooldown on stun.

Upvote 0
Rattler;n2282913 said:
Where its stated that the crossbow gives 100% stun rate?

The 'ol doc of everything. The Xbow got 101 Stun power, Scrakes head threshold for stun is 100, which means the Scrake should always be stunned on a headshot unless that incap is on CD or he is blocking. SCs still ignore the stun, enrage and rush towards you sometimes.

Upvote 0
WeretigerRei;n2282890 said:
Was the FP in another affliction animation? Did the dynamite point blank detonate? Did the dynamite point blank detonate on its arms?

dynamite did point blank detonate, usually somehwere around the chest area, fp wasnt blocking, also hadnt been stunned yet so its not a cooldown thing. i dont think that its an animation thing either, not sure though

Last edited:
Upvote 0