• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Long range infantary maps

Letum

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2006
How about some long range maps?
And not for tanks!
MG42 sights can be adjusted to go to 3500m yet in game we don't usually see infantry combat beyond 200m.

Obviously a 3.5k infantry map wouldn't work well, but 700-800m of open field with a little cover would be nice.

Perhaps a suggestion to the community map makers as well as Tripwire.

i would love to see this, with lotsa arty craaters and fallen trees and such to enable people to get some cover every 50 - 100 feet or so. but lots of long range firing.. this sounds like it could be a battle where the machineguns actually have to work as a team to cover thier mates...

Yer, it looks like we are on the same wave length.
Too much cover would make it useless tho as it would just be another Koningsplaza (SP?)

It would have to be a narrow map as well to keep the fighting intense even with only 32 players.
I want a map where if everyone stands up and comes out od cover you will almost be able to see every player from most locations.

Smoke will be essential and moving in the open deadly.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see a map around 3/4 to half the size of Orel with infantry only, and maybe some medium tanks. Something like a series of small villages, farms and various other objectives. Berezina like but more Orel in size and landscape. Also I'd like to see set spawn points, or perhaps they only move after you've captured more than half of the objectives. This way it isn't constant wave after wave after wave after wave of rushes like most maps are. It will add to the tactical element of the game, allowing the defenders to dig in better as well as make both the defending and attacking teams cherish their current life much more because they know they've got a 2-5 minute drive in the back of a transport ahead of them if they get popped.

Upvote 0
Wont work. Think of Mahknovo village.

Thats not even too big, but not many people like it because no one waits to fill up a halftrack or coordinates an assault.

I don't know but when a halftracks full, there's a bigger chance of all of them dieing. The one time we co-ordinated an attack on the 5th SS server it was amazing. Two full halftracks drive up from front and back within 30 seconds of each other. We cap the Post Office about 15 seconds later. We won the map in like 6 min.

Upvote 0
How about some long range maps?
And not for tanks!
MG42 sights can be adjusted to go to 3500m yet in game we don't usually see infantry combat beyond 200m.

Obviously a 3.5k infantry map wouldn't work well, but 700-800m of open field with a little cover would be nice.

Perhaps a suggestion to the community map makers as well as Tripwire.

Mg42 is accurate to around 1000m....not 3500m LOL...and that only having tripod and scope.

Upvote 0
We can't adjust rifle sights to long range. I don't know what range the rifle sights are currently zeroed for, but they're set and we can't adjust them.

Porechye ****ED. It had a few minor interesting concepts, but the execution was terrible and not at all fun.

Big open fields make for lousy rifle maps because everyone just ends up dying a lot. A map with one side having trenches would just be an absolute slaughter for the attacking side.

Hill Flak 88 (and its variants) present some decent longish range riflery, but I doubt anyone here could hit squat at more than 300m. Any shots that did connect would be lucky ones.

Upvote 0