• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lockdown

hekuball

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Stupid thread i know as its been said ad-nauseum but the one thing that really breaks the game is this. For the love of God TWI, pls take out, lengthen it or make it a server option.

Just played three games on GrainElevator and each got lockdown on the first or second obj just as we were starting to get into the cap. Just closed the game down in the end, so fed up with it.

Stupid thread i know as its been said ad-nauseum but the one thing that really breaks the game is this. For the love of God TWI, pls take out, lengthen it or make it a server option.

Just played three games on GrainElevator and each got lockdown on the first or second obj just as we were starting to get into the cap. Just closed the game down in the end, so fed up with it.

I disagree, lockdown is a vital feature. I would find it at least just as bad if they took it away. I'm posting this just so that the devs know that many plaers love thi sfeature even though some complain a lot.

Upvote 0
It would also be nice if the lockdown countdown momentarily stopped when the attacking team was capping an objective.

This would be a good idea, that and also have an over time for the attacking team so if your capping a point and stay on it when lockdown is zero you keep cappping until the defending team gets off their *** and clears everyone out instead of sitting back because they know lockdown is going to win it for them

Upvote 0
It would also be nice if the lockdown countdown momentarily stopped when the attacking team was capping an objective.

Agreed, in fact I suggested this a few weeks back, hopefully something will get done about it.

It's also really annoying to start a map you really enjoy, only to have ten minutes of playing it because of the sodding timer. Especially galling when you're team is continually getting in the cap and getting a good fight going, and yet the lockdown timer keeps on relentlessly counting down, punishing you even when you are trying to cap.

Upvote 0
Agreed, in fact I suggested this a few weeks back, hopefully something will get done about it.

It's also really annoying to start a map you really enjoy, only to have ten minutes of playing it because of the sodding timer. Especially galling when you're team is continually getting in the cap and getting a good fight going, and yet the lockdown timer keeps on relentlessly counting down, punishing you even when you are trying to cap.

I'm still not sure about this. You might be trying to cap, or a small portion of your team might be trying, but the point is you're not succeeding.

I think a countdown-style overtime is more what would be needed. That would be for the end of a lockdown timer when a team is currently in the process of gaining in the objective capture bar but there is not enough time on the lockdown for it to finish. Overtime would allow that team to defeat the lockdown timer if they are capable of finishing the cap without the bar falling all the way back to the other side. I think the overtime should not be a set time but is indefinite and will expire only if the objective reverts all the way back to the enemy. If the attackers are good enough to keep some progress for whatever amount of time and repel counterattacks as they capture, they should be rewarded with overtime for as long as they can manage that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm still not sure about this. You might be trying to cap, or a small portion of your team might be trying, but the point is you're not succeeding.

So what? Surely the point of the lockdown timer is to encourage the attacking team to actually attack and get in the capzone, not sit back.

If we are doing that, but not succeeding, surely that just means the defenders are getting involved just as much and a proper battle is taking place. Why continue to punish the attackers, and end the game prematurely when there is clearly a good fight going on?

It's a bizarre design decision, and one that frustrates me immensely when I know both me and my team are giving it everything we've got, and still have to battle the lockdown timer as well as the enemy.

Upvote 0
Lockdown is a great concept, if a team is getting slaughtered as they do often do on maps such as grain silo, it stops you from playing 10-15 minutes of a slaughter.

Slaughters are just not fun and not good for the game and scare people off. If a few decent russians can get into A, they can make a mess barely letting the germans out of spawn. This will only make players quit.

In saying that, I'd like to see them play with some of the timings because sometimes, they are too tight and a bit restrictive.

The overall concept of lockdown is good though, the problem is that most people love massacring players and pick the easy team and lockdown limits the rape which annoys them.

Upvote 0
The overall concept of lockdown is good though, the problem is that most people love massacring players and pick the easy team and lockdown limits the rape which annoys them.

I disagree, I've had rounds in commisar where we were capturing points at a good pace and we would've won if there was no lockdown but we were a bit too slow and we lost. It's better in apartments where it's just the first 2 points that need to be capture to remove lockdown except that the timer is a bit too short so either the russians lose or they manage to cap them giving them more than enough time to capture the other 2.

Lockdown is the main reason why I stopped playing the gamen, not because I like killing the enemy but because it doesn't allow tactics, it forces people to charge the points without thinking and I don't like being forced. I do want to win the maps but not under a continuous time pressure.

Upvote 0
Looks like the 'ayes' have it.

For anyone who disagrees... try imagining lockdown on Berezina, Black Day July, or Leningrad. Especially on Leningrad, where the first cap is just really hard sometimes, but once you DO get it...the rest tend to fall a bit easier until you get to the bridge. You might spend 7 or 8 minutes on just the first cap, and still win the round. Lockdown might be well intended..but it kills what the game used to be about. scratch that....it's ONE of the THINGS that kills what the game used to be about.

Upvote 0
Probably the worst new feature and the main reason why i dont play RO2 atm. Just had a round and lockdown striked again. Why does it end the whole round? Why not give the defenders more reinforcements (like +25) for their good work instead of ending the round completly. Or make the capzone uncappable for the attackers for a short amount of time (like a minute). I

Upvote 0