• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List Your Mapcycle/list...

Stixsmaster

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
www.stixsworld.com
Hey all,

I am just curious as to what maps people run on there servers...also you can include the default maps...but if you are running just them then just say you are running default maps only...and if you are running just a single map 24/7 mention it only...

I will start by listing the 65 maps I am running...and I will say that this list is expanding constantly for me...infact I am bout to add like 4-8 more maps to the list soon...

KF-HappyHour
KF-FogFieldBeta4c
KF-OldeTower-beta1
KF-Thames_Bridge_B1
kf-Last-Hopev6
kf-killbox-final
kf-Last-Hopev3
Kf-DeathPitFinal
kf-westlondon
KF-sherwoodforest-beta1
KF-Wolf
KF-WestLondonNight_v5
kf-offices
KF-Tao
kf-killbox
Kf-DeathPit
kf-manor
KF-WestLondonNight_v4
KF-SwampBeta
KF-Surroundedv1_1
kf-farm
KF-WestLondonNight
KF-SwampAlpha
KF-Surroundedv1
KF-Streetv2beta
KF-SecretPassage
KF-Samsmap
KF-Prison
KF-Penumbra
KF-Parkinglot
KF-PandorasBox_v2
KF-PandorasBoxV1_5
KF-PandorasBox
KF-OldeTower-alphaFIX
KF-OldeTower-alpha2
KF-NursingHomev2
KF-NursingHome
KF-Marshes
KF-LostContact
KF-Last-Hopev2
KF-HeresyBeta3
KF-FogFieldBeta3a
KF-Floor17Final
KF-Floor17
KF-Desperation_beta1
KF-DarkTunnels
KF-BioticsLab
KF-Asylum-B2
KF-Asylum-B1
KF-Arena
KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center-final
KF-Arcade-Action-v2
KF-AHouse
KF-Biohazard
KF-DarkTunnelsV2
KF-Doom2v1
KF-MainStreetBeta
KF-MosEisleyBeta1
KF-Stranded
KF-TBAHybzBeta0a
KF-TheOffice
kf-Last-Hopev4
kf-Last-Hopev5
kf-defence-b1
kf-rsix-map2

---Stixsmaster

Out of curiosity, why are you running multiple versions of the same maps? Most of the time there isn't that much of a difference, and even then the difference is usually for the better.

I pretty much just run the core maps when I play since everyone has those and nobody has to deal with downloading them from me.

Upvote 0
Running the Standard Maps ONLY on:
85.25.10.49:7107 - [The.WTF] Clan - Z.E.D. Butchery #1 (Easy+Long)
85.25.10.49:7207 - [The.WTF] Clan - Z.E.D. Butchery #2 (Normal+Long)
85.25.10.49:7307 - [The.WTF] Clan - Z.E.D. Butchery #3 (Hard+Long)
85.25.10.49:7407 - [The.WTF] Clan - Z.E.D. Butchery #4 (Hard+Long)

Running Custom Maps ONLY on:
85.25.10.49:7507 - [The.WTF] Clan - Z.E.D. Butchery #5 (CustomMaps + XHair)

Code:
Maps=KF-Arcade-Action-v2
Maps=KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center-final
Maps=KF-Biohazard
Maps=KF-DarkTunnelsV2
Maps=KF-MosEisley
Maps=KF-OrmanManor
Maps=KF-Stranded-Remix
Maps=KF-Thames_Bridge_B1
Maps=KF-HeresyBeta3
Maps=KF-Doom2-Final
Maps=Kf-DeathPitFinal
Maps=KF-DarkRoads-F
Maps=KF-FogFieldBeta5
Maps=KF-Medieval-Beta2
Maps=KF-MosEisleyNight

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to say Stix that is a ridculous amount of maps and some are very low quality that dilutes the KF experience. Anyway here's mine free map vote and the same map can be voted after being played...

DefaultMaps=KF-MosEisleyNight
DefaultMaps=KF-Prison
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard
DefaultMaps=KF-BioticsLab
DefaultMaps=KF-Manor
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondon
DefaultMaps=KF-Offices
DefaultMaps=KF-Farm
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondonNight_v7
DefaultMaps=KF-NagomiSou
DefaultMaps=KF-Stranded Remix
DefaultMaps=KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center

DefaultMaps=KF-DarkRoads_F

Upvote 0
I don't see a point in adding as many maps as possible. We always try to find the high quality maps so we can offer the most fun gameplay experience as possible on our Servers.
Hence why our Map list changes quite often. :)

One of our goals is also to provide relatively new Maps to players.
So far we counted [SIZE=-1]22336 Custom Map downloads off our Servers, only this month!

[/SIZE] Here is the active Map list on all of our Servers:

• KF-[LT]PoliceStation-V3
  • KF-Arcade-Action-v2
  • KF-Arcade-Shopping-Center-final
  • KF-Asylum-B3
  • KF-Biohazard
  • KF-DarkRoads-F
  • KF-Downtown
  • KF-Floor17Final
  • KF-Last-Hopev5
  • KF-Marshes
  • KF-MosEisleyNight
  • KF-NagomiSou
  • KF-Prison
  • KF-sherwoodforest-beta1
  • KF-Thames_Bridge_B1
  • KF-WestLondonNight_v5
  • KF-Farm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do what I do because it lets all sorta enjoy the past and present...and the fact that it takes like 2 seconds to DL like a 20MB map on my server helps to prevent many from complaining...

Infact many have saved my server as their only fav due to the fact it never feels repetitive really...each version has a significant diff between eachother so yea...

From what I understand you are saying that there was no significant diff between kf-Last-Hopev4 and kf-Last-Hopev5...both run flawless pretty much...and both have very many diffs between eachother...I mean even KF-FogFieldBeta3a and KF-FogFieldBeta4c are like that and so is KF-OldeTower-alphaFIX and KF-OldeTower-alpha2...

All those have many diffs between each and the latest version yes has fixes...but what you dont understand is it doesnt matter...both are playable...so what is the big deal...enjoy them...dont diss them...

---Stixsmaster

P.S. if you ask me...my server has more diversity in maps than any other...so yea...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do what I do because it lets all sorta enjoy the past and present...and the fact that it takes like 2 seconds to DL like a 20MB map on my server helps to prevent many from complaining...

Infact many have saved my server as their only fav due to the fact it never feels repetitive really...each version has a significant diff between eachother so yea...

From what I understand you are saying that there was no significant diff between kf-Last-Hopev4 and kf-Last-Hopev5...both run flawless pretty much...and both have very many diffs between eachother...I mean even KF-FogFieldBeta3a and KF-FogFieldBeta4c are like that and so is KF-OldeTower-alphaFIX and KF-OldeTower-alpha2...

All those have many diffs between each and the latest version yes has fixes...but what you dont understand is it doesnt matter...both are playable...so what is the big deal...enjoy them...dont diss them...

---Stixsmaster

P.S. if you ask me...my server has more diversity in maps than any other...so yea...

Diversity? Yeah, just like a garbage dump has more food diversity than a restaraunt! About 2/3 of those maps are total crap or just multiple versions of the same map...and your whole post in this topic just feels like "Play on my server, it has teh mostest maps!!!1!"

I'd rather play on a server that loops a few GOOD custom maps than one that has a huge list of sub-par ones. And in general, any server that adds in crosshairs or has Arcade-Shopping Mall in it makes me cringe and is instantly avoided...

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, why are you running multiple versions of the same maps? Most of the time there isn't that much of a difference, and even then the difference is usually for the better.

I pretty much just run the core maps when I play since everyone has those and nobody has to deal with downloading them from me.

That's what I was thinking also.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Tell the truth...I run multiple versions because usually there is a significant diff...I mean as I said the Last Hope maps yea...there is significant diff between each version...the Olde Tower map versions have significant diffs...

I mean...yes I know sum do have just bug fixes but if you actually took time to play each version you definitely can notice a diff between them...

---Stixsmaster

Upvote 0
Tell the truth...I run multiple versions because usually there is a significant diff...I mean as I said the Last Hope maps yea...there is significant diff between each version...the Olde Tower map versions have significant diffs...

I mean...yes I know sum do have just bug fixes but if you actually took time to play each version you definitely can notice a diff between them...

---Stixsmaster

I've played multiple versions of OldeTower, for example, and the only differences I noticed were mainly the architecture and some bug fixes. EG, between two versions of OldeTower, I could use perks. I do agree that there are differences between levels, I just think that most of the time, most people won't notice all the differences.

It also is a bummer to have to download a previous version of the map after playing on a newer one, people tend to get unhappy about that from my experience ( unless the older one was better, which can happen ).

Regardless, you answered my question :).

Upvote 0
I agree that in other games such as Half-Life or CS or w/e that if you happen to DL the latest version of a map and play it and then DL an older version it does suck...but...from my experience with maps for this game...it has been completely different...

In fact that is 1 reason why I do it...is this is like the only game where different versions just pwn because it usually is a diff experience every time...

---Stixsmaster

Upvote 0
I thought the topic title was "List Your Mapcycle" but now I have the
feeling some poeple think it's "Argue about and criticize each other's mapcycle".

I'm using the fixed number of 15 custom maps, constantly replacing
maps when I find better quality maps and replacing older versions
with new ones but I still don't feel the need to criticize anyone
that uses more/less/different/duplicate maps or server settings.

Hell, these are not the Steam-Forums, could we try to behave like
mature people here and don't drive this thread offtopic?

Upvote 0