• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux redirect issue

KingPin

May 14, 2009
I am using ubuntu 13.10, latest KF dedicated server updated as of this morning (EST) and have setup a copy of the compressed files on a separate cpanel controlled server. I can access the maps sounds etc and clearly see the file list in my browser.

In the web server logs I can see the player IPs hitting the file and actually connecting for a second.

In my game client I can see the custom file download extremely quickly, then start download again very slowly, so I assume the first time it tries the redirect file and then again downloads it via the server trickle download.

I compressed the files using ucc-bin on the server and then SCP'd them over to the web server.

in my KF.ini I have the proper URL literally copy pasted from my browser with the ending / present. I have compression enabled in the ini.

with all the above does anyone have an idea why the redirect files arent used? thank you.