• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

light effects

shiyou

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
hey guys
when i try to make my light blink and push build light, it doesnt work anymore
if i go play the map the light is off??
how can i make it work?

bh8817

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Arizona, USA
Hmmm, we definitely need a stickied tutorial section.

Open your actor browser, Light > TriggerLight

Set the properties of that and make sure you open the Object block and turn bInitiallyOn to True.

shiyou

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
i cant find the bintialyon in the object block
i can only find group,intial state and name

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
Just go copy one of the blinking/pulsing/strobing lights from the official KF maps. Then you can modify it and it will work fine.

Shibumi

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2009
I really hope they add a Tutorials Section soon, I've seen trigger light questions day in and day out now.

Normal Light actors do not allow you to do the cool things that you could once do in the origional editor. You have to use the trigger light actor. The downside to this is that trigger lights do not occlude to BSP, therefore if your radius is large enough it will shine\blink\pulse or w/e right through your walls.

Do a forum search on trigger lights and I'm sure you'll find all the information you need to know =)

Good Luck on your mapping adventures.

shiyou

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
1 more thing
how can u make a light rly glowy/shiny? like u see the outline of the glow
there are many in bioticslab, i tried to copy paste them in my map but it doesnt work
any1 knows how?

Shibumi

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2009
You're probably referring to a corona. I'd have to go back to bioticslab and tell for sure, but it sounds like you're looking at a corona.

In a light's properties under the lighting tab, set Corona to True. Then go ahead and mess around with things like the brightness, hue, and radius to get the desired effect you're looking for.