• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
If TWI decides to make those levels, I hope they add another difficulty to counter the idea of cakewalk suicidal runs.

Possibly difficulty called Nightmare, Hell, UNPOSSIBLE, etc.

As of now though, Suicidal can still be a pain mainly because of the Patriarch. I just finished a game of Bedlam with the whole team heading back to the long hallway and Patriarch spawns. Just when we get back our control of our characters, a few seconds later I hear "One in the pipe," blows up my friend right on the spot.

We got annihilated due to panic.

Upvote 0
Level6 was to prolong the length of the game. I've seen a couple of people on these forums, but not a soul in game, who has actually accomplished all 6 => lv6.

Agree with Crusader, no need for commandos to be able to bring down a FP with 1 bullpup clip, thanks. You could balance it by bringing in another skill level, but quite frankly suicidal is tough enough, I wouldn't want to see the game become the clash of the titans.

If people have farmed XP on levelling maps to get to level 6, and are now thinking "so what now...Ive 'finished' the game"... then I have no sympathy for you. I've been playing the game 4-6 nights a week since April and I have 1 x lv6, 2x lv5, the rest lv 4. So after the better part of a year I still have lots of playing left to accomplish 6xlv6 through natural perk progression.

lol im level6 commando ( 30 more stalkers and i have twice the amount needed for lvl6 / already got twice dmg)

anyways bullpup is useless on suicidal u just a **** load of headshot sounds and barely kill anything. Im not sure how many magazines would it take to take down a scrake but im sure id be dead if i tried that by my self and let alone even consider killing a FP with a bullpup ROFL

Upvote 0
I'd love to see a level 7, but make it painstakingly impossible to reach.
For example:
Medic- 500,000 Heal points
Support- 750,000 Weld points + 15 million shotgun damage
Sharpshooter- 25,000 Headshots
Commando- 6,000 Stalkers + 15 million damage
Beserker- 15 million damage
Firebug- 15 million damage
Demolitions- 30 million damage

Upvote 0
What a bunch of whiners.

"Oh, this game is too easy now. Boo hoo."

There will surely be new maps designed that contain plenty of challenge for you. This game is still scratching the surface. I'm still waiting for a map with more than 3 vertical levels with plenty of ceiling holes so the zeds could drop in on you at any time, and personally I hate the difficulty of the really dark maps. Or maybe the option will arise to adjust prices at the trader (on the server side or as a map design element) which could really make things interesting.

Maybe some of you need a completely pitch dark map or a new zed type? What about a map with no doors that could be welded and no choke points? Or a platforming map with hard to access areas, but plenty of zed spawns so you get no rest.

Or the game could evolve with new types of gameplay, such as escape maps, races or floorbreak maps?

This game has a lot of mileage left in it, and I am excited to see a dev staff that obviously listens to the community.

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
I'd love to see a level 7, but make it painstakingly impossible to reach.
For example:
Medic- 500,000 Heal points
Support- 750,000 Weld points + 15 million shotgun damage
Sharpshooter- 25,000 Headshots
Commando- 6,000 Stalkers + 15 million damage
Beserker- 15 million damage
Firebug- 15 million damage
Demolitions- 30 million damage

So what's the point of that?

Upvote 0
What a bunch of whiners.

"Oh, this game is too easy now. Boo hoo."

There will surely be new maps designed that contain plenty of challenge for you. This game is still scratching the surface. I'm still waiting for a map with more than 3 vertical levels with plenty of ceiling holes so the zeds could drop in on you at any time, and personally I hate the difficulty of the really dark maps. Or maybe the option will arise to adjust prices at the trader (on the server side or as a map design element) which could really make things interesting.

Maybe some of you need a completely pitch dark map or a new zed type? What about a map with no doors that could be welded and no choke points? Or a platforming map with hard to access areas, but plenty of zed spawns so you get no rest.

Or the game could evolve with new types of gameplay, such as escape maps, races or floorbreak maps?

This game has a lot of mileage left in it, and I am excited to see a dev staff that obviously listens to the community.

even games that are years old like cs are constantly evolving based on the kinds of maps that are popular at the time.

Upvote 0
My suggestion:

Add no further benefit for level 7 (or beyond).

Instead start adding a small percentage of the benefits for that given Class to other classes.

Example:
Level 7 sharpshooter.
If playing as a sharpshooter you get the full range of perk benefits.
If playing as a any other class you get say 5% bonus to headshot damage (plus whatever bonus that classes perks bring)

This is a really good idea. It wasn't addressed but rather than drastically increasing the power and what the people spawn with at higher levels, adding perk bonuses to the other class like movement speed to other classes for achieving a level 7 medic, commando level 7 granting a slight increase to reload speeds, or even extra grenade damage for other classes after getting a level 7 support would be pretty cool. Nothing too broken but a slight thing like that would work well at granting a decent bonus at levels even higher than 7 without making Suicidal difficulty too easy.

Upvote 0
The point is that it's there, but by the time people finally reach it TWI will have had time to make plenty of new content to justify another level up. Plus, level 7 will be ridiculously strong and there needs to be a challenge to get there.

The people who have played that much already find the game far too easy. And you want to make it even easier for them....?

Upvote 0
Instead of adding another level TWI should imo look at tweaking the game and add more content.
Personally I am already lvl 6 in all perks and lvl 7 would not add any enjoyment to the game for me.

- Sharpshooter is way overpowered and needs a tweak to make other perks more needed in the game, there have been several threads about this topic.

- Add more perks, imo the game could use a few more perks and personally i would like to see something that is an alternative to the sharpshooter.

- More weapons, always add to the game as long as the weapons are not op.

- More zeds, the husk was a great addition to the game and have made the difficulty higher more ranged or a really fast zed could be cool.

- More achievements would make the game cooler as well.

- Different game modes would be very interesting as right now most kf-games i played tend to evolve around the same tactic of finding the best camp spot then blasting away.

Upvote 0
I think TWI needs to make the difficulty increase not just by how many players are in a server but by what level perk they are using also.
Then why bother leveling at all? It's the same issue you run into in RPGs that do this.
a)Enemies scale at a lower rate, level up
b)same rate, why bother
c)higher rate, never level

But it's even more of an issue in this game. Imagine you are a level 3 firebug and a level 6 Commando joins and runs off to rambo. You are left with more difficult or larger numbers of enemies that you can't deal with.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mine seeing the next few levels 7,8,9 (when they are added) in no particular order get the following.

Start with Kevlar
Slight Minor Discount on items that are not your class (5%)
More clips of ammo
Wield extra weapons in akimbo mode
A special difficulty setting only for your level or above
Exclusive weapons only your level has access too. Like perhaps stunning weapons like flash bombs and tazers or something.

It doesn't have to be increased damage dealt from weapons.

Upvote 0