• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets see more!!! More!!!

Well even if they get a console version those guys are still missing out on custom maps, mods, vehicles, etc so PC is really the only place you want to be.
They would set a fine example though if they continually released free DLC on consoles since everyone else makes you pay for cheap "map packs" on those.

Upvote 0
I can't imagine trying to line up a long range bolt-action shot using the sticks on a controller. Talk about frustration! Consoles are good for sports and fast action games, but not a serious military FPS. However, I'm sure the lure of $$$ from the console world is very intoxicating. :)

Upvote 0
The only problem I see is fitting in a large amount of players with as little lag as possible and smooth performance. I don't think those consolites would enjoy an 8 on 8 RO match where they only last under 10 seconds in combat :p. But if RO is reaching the console world, more attention to Tripwire couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0
i dont think ill ever get a console in the near future...
never was into them at all

Consoles are great. I have all three of the current gen consoles and get many hours of enjoyment from them, particularly my 360.

At heart I'm a PC Gamer, but the 360 this gen really got me back into console gaming. I nearly always buy certain action titles on my console, and leave my PC for RPGs and FPS games in general.

If all you play is online FPS games though then I could see why you were never into consoles.

--

Ontopic I am really looking forward to getting a copy of PC Gamer. Hopefully soon they'll also put the screens on CVG.

Upvote 0
Ahh very PC centric games though. I love a bit of Rome TW myself, I must get round to getting Empire TW.

just... dont....

btw you want more?
there you go :)
more_logo_anim.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
image how hard RO would be on console though?!?!

to back up my point. If a Halo player was playing on his PC against someone on Xbox, the person on xbox would get owned.

Aiming would be ridiculously hard in RO on a joystick. unless modded to where you have autoaim and noob console stuff like that.

I don't think TWI would release multiplatform... we will see though.

Upvote 0
If ROHOS is ported on the console I just hope they don't do what Epic games did with UT3's UI and focus all their attention on making it good for consoles because there is more money to be made from them, and not making it as PC friendly. I think keeping it PC exclusive is better for us PC fans (keeping the PC gaming industry alive), but making it for consoles is better for Tripwire...

Their choice in the end.

Upvote 0