• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leaning

SheepDip

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
I've just been playing Danzig, and it occured to me that leaning is far too easy and effective.

I get annoyed when people lean around a corner at me, presenting a smaller target, and I still manage to miss and they get the kill. And in turn I find it far too easy to poke my head around and get the shot off and at most, get wounded by the other player, despite him knowing I'm there.

I'd like to see leaning changed somehow, to mean that you can't lean when you already have the weapon in ironsights view. This I think would make it a bit more realistic, and bit less irritating.

(of course we could get into all manner of discussions about weapon collision etc, but focus on the point at hand)

Discuss!

The POV has been off for quite some time now, and not just when leaning.

In fact the POV is one of the main issues when it comes to using the Heavy MG and fighting a simple rifleman. The riflemans' POV while proning is at his forehead, which means he doesn't expose himself to enemy fire as much as in reality, you only see the tip of the helmit. But the MG gunner is a lot more exposed and is an easy target for a proning solider.

The POV needs to be realigned for all the different views and positions and weapons, but it usually only causes a problem in a select few areas.

I also heard that the proning POV would allow you to "clip" and see through the level in certain places, which makes for an unfair advantage.

Upvote 0
I too feel leaning is quite a bit off sometimes. Usually I have had no problems whatsoever killing "leaners" with the bolt-action, but of late it has become increasingly difficult due to some corners/windows hiding the enemy almost completely.

Take Danzig for example, the building with 4 windows facing the square. Germans can lean by those windows and be almost impossible to hit; last time I was there I was shot by a rifleman and all I could see of him was the muzzleflame as he fired. Even with the sniper rifle I had no way of hitting him! Argh.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see leaning changed somehow, to mean that you can't lean when you already have the weapon in ironsights view. This I think would make it a bit more realistic, and bit less irritating.

Also I think that when you leaning with iron sights (or scope) weapon accuracy should be lowered (depending of weapon) . And there should be stamina drain.

Upvote 0
Also I think that when you leaning with iron sights (or scope) weapon accuracy should be lowered (depending of weapon) . And there should be stamina drain.

Stamina drain when leaning? Go laying down to floor and lean behind corner, then test how long you can maintain leaning position, do this same test while standing and crouching, maybe your muscles will strain after 5-15 minutes, but nobody is leaning 15 minutes in same position in this game. Why decrease weapon accuracy when you can actually brace weapon to corner when leaning, so that accuracy is increasing not decreasing. All there needs to be done is correct point of view making leaners more visible.

Upvote 0
The POV is bull**** bc the players camera is in his helmet...

If you ever see someone lean out... the only thing that happens is you see a rifle clip through the wall, and the tip of the helmet pops out... While in the leaning persons view, they have a clear shot of actually leaning out of a window or doorway...

They need to change the whole POV camera system.. so if you were to lean, your upper torso and arms should be exposed, not just the tip of your helmet... bc it makes it sooo hard to kill a fricken sniper, who CLEARLY has the advantage of leaning at a window, and being protected by a wall at the same time..

They also need to implement collision with objects so you cant IS right up against a wall.... or have your rifle clip through the wall...

Thie factor would greatly help MGs, even though MGs are accurate now... if someone leans on a corner... the MG has no chance what so ever.....:(

Upvote 0
I just have to post here about it, but leaning really needs to be adjusted.

Right now, you can lean and aim without exposing your weapon/head. It's just plain abusing and confusing for people on the receiving end.

For instance on Odessa, a German sniper defending the Tower is pretty much invulnerable when abusing this. He can get shots only showing his tip of helmet, with a perfect aim when rested on wall at the same time.

Devs please do something about it, or just change the kill icon while leaning to a "helmet".

Upvote 0
I just have to post here about it, but leaning really needs to be adjusted.

Right now, you can lean and aim without exposing your weapon/head. It's just plain abusing and confusing for people on the receiving end.

For instance on Odessa, a German sniper defending the Tower is pretty much invulnerable when abusing this. He can get shots only showing his tip of helmet, with a perfect aim when rested on wall at the same time.

Devs please do something about it, or just change the kill icon while leaning to a "helmet".

I think it's got to be a problem of where the 'camera' is for the person who is leaning. Clearly they can see around the corner even though the head is hardly exposed (or not at all). Maybe the camera is in the weapon?

It would be good if the devs can take a fresh look where the 'camera' is when in all positions.

Upvote 0
Snipers are snipers, you should not be able to see them before you are killed, that is why they are called snipers. Snipers are such sneaky bastards to ordinary soldier, they are feared and hated but never respected or honored unless they are your own side.

I like to know is there anyway to rotate camera to front to be able see how incorrect point of view actually is? Any console commands for this?

Upvote 0