• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leaning while prone

CaptRanger

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
www.highest-degree.com
I think it's kinda funny and weird that you can lean while prone. Try it in real life and compare to how far you can do it in the game. Plus, firing a rifle accurately while leaning in the prone position would simply be out of the question. I hate to admit it, but I was leaning while prone and sniping people like crazy earlier today. All they could see was my head poking out and I had the full accuracy of prone position. This should be fixed!

oo you hit the sweet spot. I think leaning while prone is one of the cheapest tactics in the game, and the most unrealistic. They could do away with shooting while leaning as well, because I wouldn't think that a gun would be able to reach around a corner as efficiently as it does with such precision accuracy. I think leaning is a matter of spying to see if there is danger around the corner, and nothing else.

Upvote 0
Nightmare said:
You can lean while proning in real life. All you are doing is curving your body so your legs are hidden behind a corner or something.

This is realistic and should stay in the game.
Yes you can do it in real life, but not to the degree that you can do it in game. Not by a long shot. Load up the game and try it, you'll see how funny it seems. Your upper body has to be inline with your head when you do it in real life, but in game just the head goes over. Also, steading a heavy rifle, holding it in place, and firing it accurately all while leaning in the prone position seems a bit much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moe_Rahn said:
I don't know about you guys, but when I'm playing RO, I can't hit jack with the rifles when I'm leaning in either direction, while I'm at least adequate with them (or so I'd like to think) when I'm not leaning.

you are correct. i had to verify this against bots so i was sure latency was not a factor (zero ping), nor ability of my enemy (dumb bots). leaning is indeed bugged somehow, so that guaranteed hits (up close, walking straight at me) miss when leaning but hit just fine when not.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Um, go lay on the ground and the raise yourself up. OOP! You can do it!

Also, look at the third person anims for leaning to the left, it can be done.
Yes, you can do it. But, can you do it with a heavy rifle and fire as accurately as when you aren't leaning? No, and a common soldier in WWII wouldn't be able to either. It's an arcadey feature that needs some attention.

Upvote 0