• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Last Used" and Tools

Arcane

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
england
The Previous Weapon key is a Godsend for me, having come from years of Counter-Strike-ish control setups with my games. However I have two gripes that I think would perfect it.

Using Grenades:

Whenever I use a grenade, I press G and obviously use it, but when using grenades, it cancels your second weapon in the switch, so you can't switch back to your previous weapon.
For example, My main weapons of choice are the Lever-Action Rifle as my 1st Weapon, and the Handcannon as my 2nd. When I use a grenade while holding the Lever-Action, I then have press 2 to manually switch to the Handcannon again and press 1 to get back to my Lever. It's not a major problem but could be fixed.

Welder and Medical Syringe:

I may be mistaken, but I only tend to use these tools every now and again, and unless you are the medic class, you certainly won't be having them out during a fight.
As with the previous problem, If I use the Quick Self-Heal key, for example, I then have to press 1 for my Lever, and then 2 to get my Handcannon back. I think that using either of these tools should be a 1-off thing, and it should remember your previous 2 weapons you were using before you pulled out the welder and medical syringe.

This is especially important, as the majority of players are using the self-heal button in a desparate attempt to survive at the hardest times, and therefore don't want to be faffing around with the number keys to get their weapons back.

Sorry if that was hard to follow, I hope these appear at least as options for a future patch. However, they aren't major issues, but thought it would bring it to your attention. Thanks.

Last edited: