• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lack of footsteps

I have searched the forums regarding this issue, and found a thread where a forum user gave some advice on how to resolve this potential bug, however I haven't found anything formally indicating that the problem does exist.

I cannot heard other players footsteps (I can hear my own though).

The suggestion was to increase the sound channels to 128 and set sound quality to high, which I have tried, but still no footsteps.

If possible, could anyone from the Dev team acknowledge if this is a known issue?
Is this is a widespread problem as well (the reason I ask is it seems very easy to sneak up on enemies and blunge my bayo into them lol - so it seems I am not the only one to have experienced this.)

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Tummel and Hobitt
After some more help from a forum user, I now have footsteps!.

Here is the information that I gathered (I still think there is an issue with this).

No footsteps using the following:

If I load RO up with my speakers on.
If I plug my headset in during game.

How I got footsteps:

Plugged my headset in before launching RO

I think it's related to Surround Sound. In windows,m my settings for the speakers are definately Stereo, but my soundcard has 5 physical jack inputs, so I wonder if something is automatically changing the sound systems over in RO?

Gonna try and hunt down a setting for this.

Upvote 0
This is interesting. I can't really remember if I get footsteps or not, will try later.

BUT- if the XAudio system changes to surround sound when it detects you have a surround card, no matter if you have Win set to Stereo, it would explain a lot. Also maybe explains the major load the system seems to get during for instance artillery, it tries to output 5 or more separate channels...

Upvote 0