• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
People saying there's no room for SPG's in RO: you're completely wrong.

You have no idea how much mayhem one can cause with the STUG3 that's in the game, and that's a severely limited SPG... no co-axial mg, no on-top mg, no newer model(stug4, stug4 schurzen(skirts))... etc.

A jagdpanzer(pz4), jagdpanther, elefant or jagdtiger would have a nice place in the game although the greatest advantage of a tank destroyer is the low profile, IMO the best implementation we could ask for in RO is to have the STUGIV Schurzen with complete camo/foliage setup to blend in with the enviroment, taking full advantage of its low profile(needs the co-axial mg too).

Also: jagdpanther? HA! I'd rather have a Jagdtiger, the most massive tank of the war iirc.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
People saying there's no room for SPG's in RO: you're completely wrong.

You have no idea how much mayhem one can cause with the STUG3 that's in the game, and that's a severely limited SPG... no co-axial mg, no on-top mg, no newer model(stug4, stug4 schurzen(skirts))... etc.

A jagdpanzer(pz4), jagdpanther, elefant or jagdtiger would have a nice place in the game although the greatest advantage of a tank destroyer is the low profile, IMO the best implementation we could ask for in RO is to have the STUGIV Schurzen with complete camo/foliage setup to blend in with the enviroment, taking full advantage of its low profile(needs the co-axial mg too).

Also: jagdpanther? HA! I'd rather have a Jagdtiger, the most massive tank of the war iirc.

I think there is room for an SPG or two, or three. I just don't think they would be that useful. Let's have them though.

I've never seen the STUG3 cause too much mayhem in any game I've played. The very close range combat that RO employs, tends to favour the turret.
It was very effective in the war mind you.

Ditto on the Jagdtiger. Also King Tiger and Jagdpanther would be cool. Plus any other exotic metal from the time would be very welcome.

Upvote 0
Johnny555 said:
I think there is room for an SPG or two, or three. I just don't think they would be that useful. Let's have them though.

I've never seen the STUG3 cause too much mayhem in any game I've played. The very close range combat that RO employs, tends to favour the turret.
It was very effective in the war mind you.

Ditto on the Jagdtiger. Also King Tiger and Jagdpanther would be cool. Plus any other exotic metal from the time would be very welcome.
In the game it's hard to employ the STUG correctly, first of all you absolutely need a 2-man crew because the STUG needs to be very mobile(you can't take more than 1 hit or you're dead).

For example, in Oglewdow, there are some "ledges" with bushes on them, take a STUG, position yourself behind the ledge, exactly between the bushes so that absolutely none of the STUG shows except the cannon. That right there is the most freaking lethal piece of armor on the battlefield. That's how you use a tank destroyer.

Imagine if we had full camo+foliage+MG+newer model+skirts? I usually wreck havoc with the STUG, I have plenty of good spots across the maps that are specialized for the STUG.

Upvote 0
Oh NOES WTFBBQ!!!!! an ISU 152!!!!1111

My SturmTiger will rip your lil kitten into tiny pieces steel shavings :p

U W4N7 70 M355 W17h MY l337 P4wNz3r y0000?????///

(of course it would be fun to face off, altough it takes an eternity and a half to reload the 360. )

ANd Brad I do play CMBB, when that 360 explodes in game, it just makes my eyes roll. ALl you see from 800 meters is a big cloud :p

Upvote 0
If we just go by the bigest gun, then please a Dora or P1500 land cruiser ...

"In a paperback titled Tanks of the Axis Powers published over 20 years ago there is a brief mention of some of Germany's armoured follies. It mentions a 1500 ton superheavy tank, cased in 250mm of armour, armed with an 80cm gun and two 15cm weapons, and powered by four U-boat diesel"

but if we "serious" talk about useful heavy stuff, then the SU/ISU-152 shoud be the goal. They where one of the most important heavy soviet tanks (see battle at kursk with SU 152) produced in large quantities compared to there german counterparts. plus the ISU gives many good reason, to let infantry ride on tanks (this one had even special holders for infantry)

Johnny555 said:
None of those Russian garden sheds would be of much use in RO anyway.
Tanks with turrets rule this game.
If you get hit in your tiger/panther by one of this, then we talk again, there was a reason for the name "Zveroboy" for the ISU-152

For the Sturmtiger on east front ... i only heard for one use, in the warsaw upsring, but maybe there was more combat, though i think most of them done service with the Battle of the Bulge on the western front and last not captured/destroyed maybe inthe ruhrgebiet (near k

Last edited:
Upvote 0
jedinstven-o crni Wuk said:
"In a paperback titled Tanks of the Axis Powers published over 20 years ago there is a brief mention of some of Germany's armoured follies. It mentions a 1500 ton superheavy tank, cased in 250mm of armour, armed with an 80cm gun and two 15cm weapons, and powered by four U-boat diesel"

OMFG! LOL!!

I seriously busted out laughing reading that. It's so entirely believable though. Hitler and his damned fascination with trying build bunkers on treads :p

Upvote 0