• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Won't Launch Or Update

oh i remembered making Steam's KF -->Backup Game File feature before i made any action (e.g. deleting System folder, etc.) so i restored said game files then again verified integrity of game cache then tried to launch KF once more.. the Updating KF window pops up and says that KF is ready to play in approximately (hold your breath.. 14 days and 2 hours!!) :eek:

Upvote 0
Geh! Well, got any good books? :p

Seriously though, I don't know what to suggest past this point. To me it sounds like something on Steams end. But as I and I'm sure many others have had no problems it is rather strange.

Try power cycling the router, this is the only thing I can think of that may help with the strange connection issue.

Either that or deleting the entire KillingFloor from the Steam Folder inc the killingfloorclient.ncf, killingfloorcommon.ncf and killingfloorsdk1.ncf from the steamapps file, restart the computer, and then start Steam and download KF fresh. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas, best of luck to you.

Upvote 0
Aaargh!

i dont know but closing and restarting Steam and reconnecting takes days to me.. whats that power cycling router and how to do it?

also, if it may help i also checked my KF folder as under C:\Program Files...\Steam\Steamapps\common\killingfloor, is it supposed to be in C:\Program Files...\Steam\Steamapps\[USERNAME] ?

thanks for helping, really appreciate it man!

Upvote 0
It does sound like you've got a very basic connection. How do you connect to the internet?

Power cycling the router is just the process of turning off the router, and turning it back on. That is of course if you use a router to connect to the internet. I for example have a BT Homehub. (pic, external link) So I'd either press the reset button or unplug it and plug it back in after a moment.

And no, Killing Floor should be under common.

And you're welcome =)

Upvote 0
i am sharing a connection with a roommate.

ah yes power cycling, i do that when i noticed that my connection hangs (ask him to check if all the lights in the modem which is in his room lights motionless/no activity)

do you mean to delete only all Killing Floor files ? (exe, ini, int, txt, config, etc.) and;

1) can i transfer back all the files i copied/backup from old System folder to the newly generated System folder?

2) what does Steam's delete local content do?

thanks.

Upvote 0
Delete everything, which can be done via the Steam "Delete local content".

Don't reinstall from the back up. But download it fresh. After you've removed KillingFloor go to it's page in your Steam Library, this picture is of Portal as I currently have KF installed.
Spoiler!

Click on the install button (which would be 'Play' when the game is installed) and after a window or so Steam will procced to download KF fresh.

Here is hoping this does it. =)

Upvote 0
im reinstalling KF now.. i left it downloading at 125mb after 4 hours, then i left for an hour or so to do some errands and when i checked my downloads, Steam again asked me for the special access codes and then when i input the last access code, it doesn't accept it anymore, so i re-started Steam to send me another access code because the first one already expired, then it accepted the new codes but downloaded files reverted back to 2 mb again! :eek:

yeah, sure we can do that sometime but i'm afraid that with the current rate i'm going, it'll take me days to finish downloading!

Upvote 0
after 2 days of desperately trying to re-install my KF, well i realized i'm in a hopeless situation.. my internet could be my main problem as it's crappy slow and prone to hang in a few hours, that's why any files i downloaded reverts back to nothing and i have to repeat the same process again.. and again.. so i guess, i give up KF..:(

Upvote 0