• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 3 - BW-06 (SCRAKE) Reveal

scrakerevealsteam.jpg

BW-06 (SCRAKE)
Since its introduction 18 years ago, the BW-06 series has been deployed in more than 7,500 engagements. Now Horzine introduces the C line, extending the already considerable capabilities of this formidable bioweapon. Let the BW-06C take the lead, exposing the enemy to your infiltration units as it skillfully saws through armored vehicles, bunkers and other fortifications.

Update:
Please also enjoy this early look at some Scrake concept art:
scrakeconcept.jpg

And if you missed it be sure to check out:

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 257 featured items
scrakerevealsteam.jpg

BW-06 (SCRAKE)
Since its introduction 18 years ago, the BW-06 series has been deployed in more than 7,500 engagements. Now Horzine introduces the C line, extending the already considerable capabilities of this formidable bioweapon. Let the BW-06C take the lead, exposing the enemy to your infiltration units as it skillfully saws through armored vehicles, bunkers and other fortifications.

Update:
Please also enjoy this early look at some Scrake concept art:
scrakeconcept.jpg

And if you missed it be sure to check out:

Last edited:
Incredibly exciting, I love the addition of the harpoon being brought over. I'm certain we'll be getting a dodge strafe of sorts implemented now between this attack and the Fleshpounds crazy new range.

Do I detect the possibility of weapon charms? Or perhaps just a pretty piece of tactical rope on one specific weapon.
Oh Tripwire, just what are you cooking up?

Attachments

• clawgif.gif
    clawgif.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
  • charm.gif
    charm.gif
    8.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 0b5d209afd0b779de8ab113a3e8f1837.jpg
    0b5d209afd0b779de8ab113a3e8f1837.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • Wow
Reactions: Yoshiro
This reveal basically confirmed my suspicion. The scrake can now grapple people like its Scorpion from MK series (I can already see the mods that will make the scrake say "COME HERE!!!" whenever it grapples). This makes camping and kiting much more tricky now we can't just ignore the scrake and give it the occasional gun bashing whenever it stands in our way. Simply not making it aggressive and saving it as the last enemies will need to be planned out more. This could change on what zed must be prioritize first when holding out or kiting. Given with such ability it has, I wonder what movement changes can mercs do such as dodging, strafing, sliding, etc to counteract this. Also, I wonder if the mask shooting can now make the scrake aggressive, giving another way to aggro it than simply lowering its health. Overall, I look forward to the rest of the zed designs.

I wonder the merc shooting at the scrake was hinted to be no other than Mr. Foster himself, or perhaps a descendant given the suit pants and shoes.

A bit bummed that we haven't gotten any real new footage compared to the previous video, but the confirmation that the metal claw is indeed a grappling hook is terrifying. As cool as they always looked, Scrakes were never a very serious threat considering you can (theoretically) rage them whenever you want. But now that it as the ability to bring you exactly where you DON'T want to be... I believe it could be even scarier than a Fleshpound ! I do wonder if there's any way to dodge it though? With a parry perhaps? Or crouching? I still want to be able to escape my doom !

I also believe the shot showcasing an all-too-familiar shoe is definitely done on purpose... I can't really imagine a KF game without my beloved Foster. But so far off in the future...? I wonder if we're gonna get a descendant or maybe a cyber-Foster of some kind...

Reactions: Glokage
Upvote 0