• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Music

0particle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2014
Couldn't find another thread for discussing music so making my own. Just wanted to say that as a die-hard metalhead I LOVE the Killing Floor 2 soundtrack in its entirety and I've been listening to it constantly. There's just one problem. The main menu theme isn't on the official soundtrack! It's one of my favorite tracks in the game and I was really bummed to see it missing from the soundtrack. Is there any chance it will be added in some way? And on a further note, is there a possibility we'll see MORE music added to the game in the future? Trivium would be a great addition!

I'm loving the soundtrack as well. Metal has always been something I listen to situationally (usually when playing games that involve a lot of carnage or destruction, naturally) but never really just sit down to listen to on its own.. I can't even tell the difference between one subgenre and another.

But wow, the KF2 soundtrack is just consistently awesome. So much in there, too, makes the Digital Deluxe Edition worth getting for this alone. (wink wink, nudge nudge)

I do have a relevant question i'd like to tack on to this thread, if I may: Can anyone tell us which songs, if any, were created specifically for the game's soundtrack?

I'm kind of hoping I'll wind up hearing some lyrics that directly refer to the game content. If there was a song that was nothing but the vocalist growling gameplay tips at you, that would be the best thing ever.

Upvote 0
I don't like it at all.

And the fact that you can turn off only the track playing druing game time is frustrating. You can't listen to other music while you play without hearing the piano when you are defeated, the guitars when waves start and so on and so on.

I understand that this is part of the atmosphere but there should be an option to stop all the music in the game. Not only the current track playing.

Upvote 0
I love the soundtrack a lot! I'm all about the death metal. >:) But I have a question though, I bought the Deluxe Edition mainly for the soundtrack .mp3's, but it doesn't come with the instrumental versions? Can we expect instrumentals in the future? I love having the vocals, but I also like mixing it up and going instrumental too so it would be nice to have them included soon.

Upvote 0