• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 crashes my graphics card

I keep seeing guides for KF2 not running at all, but none of them address this similar issues I've been facing lately: the game starts normally, I get to the menus and I can actually join a game, but a while after I do so Killing Floor 2 crashes and my graphics card stops working temporarily (there's a yellow triangle icon in the taskbar indicating the drivers had a failure or something like that). This happens all the time now, the game is completely unplayable...

I am starting to get really frustrated because this only started happening lately and I've tried many things, such as:

• reset all my GPU clocks and voltage to default, completely uninstalled Precision X (which I used for overclocking)
  • did a fully clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers with DDU
  • checked KF2's cache integrity
  • reinstalled KF2 twice, even deleted the settings files in the Documents
  • tried playing with texture streaming on and off (did the famous KFEngine.ini tweak)
  • lowered my in-game settings, disabled all effects (I used to be able to play with a mix of High and Ultra settings, with some things disabled, and it never caused any issues)
  • de-fragmented my system

And after all of this, my game and the graphics driver still crash a while after a round starts. I really don't want to format my whole PC, there has to be something I can do to be able to play KF2 again... what could possibly be causing this? :confused:

My specs:
CPU: i7-4790
GPU: ASUS GTX 750 Ti PH
RAM: 8 GB
Solved

Last edited: