• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2: Autumn Beta 2 is Live!

KF2 Halloween 2022 Beta 2
To opt into this beta on Steam, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop-down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

To opt into this beta on EGS, the Beta will be accessible within KF2 owners’ game libraries as a separate install called “Killing Floor 2 Beta”. Users may need to restart their EGS launcher for the Beta to populate and be accessible to install. Progress for stats and inventory is shared between both versions on EGS so for users switching between Beta and Live be sure to sync your game data to use the latest timestamp to prevent any lost progress from participating in the Beta. The Beta on EGS also includes its dedicated server within the install folder for your hosting needs for this version.

Event
Blood & Bonfires
  • A mysterious place has been settled by Zeds, Barmwich Town. It was built centuries ago, and it's full of old buildings and bonfires. This medieval town is now the next battlefield for our mercs to fight in the moonlight. Speaking of Zeds, it seems that lately, they are coordinating to attack specific targets, the ones we call VIPs. You can check it out in our new weekly mode: Primary Target. Of course, try to defend the VIP, we don't want the Zeds to fulfill their objective. And finally, we bring you the Horzine Research Group's two latest creations: the HRG Locust for the Survivalist and the HRG Dragonsblaze for the Firebug. They will be a good addition to your arsenal, so check them out!
  • Beta 2 Start 09/22/2022, (Date is subject to change)

Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2021 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

Balance
  • Weapons
    • Blood Sickle
      • Added different damage for bash attack in Long Mode.
        • Bash damage for Short Mode from 50 to 40.
        • Bash damage for Long Mode from 50 to 60.
      • Primary attack damage in Short Mode from 60 to 70.
      • Secondary attack damage in Short Mode from 87 to 120.
      • Primary attack damage in Long Mode from 90 to 140.
      • Secondary attack damage in Long Mode from 150 to 190.
    • G36C
      • General recoil reduced (for ADS and non-ADS).
    • HRG Dragonsblaze
      • Spare ammo from 48 to 60 (which means total ammo from 52 to 64).
    • HRG Locust
      • Explosion damage from 80 to 60.
      • Explosion radius from 300 to 200.
      • Insect damage from 40 to 30.

Designer Notes:
Blood Sickle efficiency was not enough, so we gave it a damage buff. Also, since the bash attack in Long Mode is slower, we have increased the damage for it.
G36C recoil has been troublesome for many players, so we have tweaked it and it now feels better.
HRG Dragonsblaze has been well received in general, but some users commented that they run out of ammo very quickly, so, we have increased the spare ammo a bit, which means 3 more full magazines than before.
HRG Locust felt a bit overpowered for a lot of players. We decreased the explosion and insect damage a bit as well as reduced the explosion radius.

Known Issues:
  • Mouse Sensitivity: When a user updates the client for the first time, any adjustments to zoom sensitivity and sensitivity will be retained, but affect the new Horizontal and Vertical Sensitivity settings.
    • For the best experience, we recommend resetting the values to default and adjusting from there to user preference.
  • Blood Sickle:
    • Heavy Attack: We are aware of some outfits causing camera clipping and are continuing to refine the animation ahead of the final release.
    • Characters hands are too close together during bash attack in 3rd person.
  • G36C:
    • Laser dot does not follow barrel during clip-check animation
    • 3rd person full reload animation has some unnatural movements standing and crouching.
    • Shutter sounds missing after full reload in 3rd person
    • “Floating magazines” in 3P reload (standing/crouched)
    • Overall SFX is still WIP
  • HRG Locust: VFX is still very opaque and can be visually obstructing particularly during Zed time.
  • Barmwich Town:
    • Map defaults to “endless” mode.
    • Some torches in the main plaza are missing SFX

Bug Fixes:
Also mentioned in the 2021 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community-reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Weapons
  • Mine Reconstructor
    • Fixed an issue where there was excessive screen shake when standing near the Mine Reconstructor “goop” mines.
  • G36C Assault Rifle
    • Fixed multiple issues with the gun check animations.
    • Fixed multiple issues with the reload animations.
    • Fixed an issue where the laser sight was offset from bullet trajectory and impact point.
  • Blood Sickle
    • Fixed multiple issues with the animations in both modes in first person and third person.
    • Fixed an issue where the melee bash damage was not differentiating between the active modes.
  • HRG Locust
    • Fixed an issue where upgrading the weapon did not affect the bleed DoT.
  • HRG Dragonsblaze
    • Fixed an issue where the incorrect HUD icon was being used.
  • Reducto Ray
    • Fixed an issue with the gun check animation where clipping occurred.
  • Sentinel
    • Fixed an issue where footsteps were not triggering while using the Sentinel

Weekly
  • Primary Target
    • The item reward is not granted for completing the weekly.

Map
  • Barmwich Town
    • Fixed the Spectator boundaries throughout the map to contain the camera to the playable area.
    • Fixed an issue where the burning stumps throughout the map had no SFX triggering.
    • Fixed issues with seams in the walls being visible in the Fire Plaza.
    • Updated the web asset so that it is visible from all angles in the Fire Plaza.
    • Fixed an issue where multiple objects in the Fire Plaza suffered from flickering textures.
    • Fixed issues with missing spatter maps.
  • Elysium
    • Fixed issue where Zeds would be spawned in another area where players could not reach them.

Camera
  • Adjusted issue where “diagonal” movements would behave erratically.

Settings
  • UI Horizontal and Vertical Sensitivity
    • Fixed a bug where settings were not affecting the game experience.
    • Adjusting vertical sensitivity no longer adjusts horizontal sensitivity.
    • Fixed UI display of horizontal and vertical sensitivity after entering the lobby.

As always, thank you for your continued support![/

It's no longer applied. Due to changes in KFDT_Explosive_HRG_Locust class, function ApplySecondaryDamage and in KFExplosion_HRG_Locust class (the entire function DoExplosionDamage was removed)

it now applies DOT damage value of whatever initial damage was taken. So it's 60 per rocket explosion and 60 per dot tick.

And now the lingering explosion and DOT do apply their damage at the same time and lingering explosion also refreshes DOT timer
(used to be explosion first, and when its over - DOT secondly). That's kind of a cool change, while damage numbers were lowered, it is still about the same as it was because it now does explosion and DOT damage at the same time.

to make it 30, in KFDT_Toxic_HRG_Locust change DoT_DamageScale=1.0 to 0.5

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's no longer applied. Due to changes in KFDT_Explosive_HRG_Locust class, function ApplySecondaryDamage and in KFExplosion_HRG_Locust class (the entire function DoExplosionDamage was removed)

it now applies DOT damage value of whatever initial damage was taken. So it's 60 per rocket explosion and 60 per dot tick.

And now the lingering explosion and DOT do apply their damage at the same time and lingering explosion also refreshes DOT timer
(used to be explosion first, and when its over - DOT secondly). That's kind of a cool change, while damage numbers were lowered, it is still about the same as it was because it now does explosion and DOT damage at the same time.

to make it 30, in KFDT_Toxic_HRG_Locust change DoT_DamageScale=1.0 to 0.5
Reaching out to team about this. Thanks.

Reactions: simplecat
Upvote 0
Hey Kitten, I wanted to thank you, and especially Molly, for keeping us up-to-date on things. Molly is currently sifting through and responding to a lot of toxic people over on the Steam forums, which is no easy task. At least there are a few people there who want to provide actual constructive criticism, instead of just complaining.

You guys are doing a great job of getting more involved with improvements and updates, and I hope you can continue to engage the community, even when they are difficult. I'm heartened to see that a lot of things that I personally mentioned in the beta 1 survey are being addressed. Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
Wait... You REDUCED the recoil of the G36C??? That thing was already a damn laser, I really can't wrap my head around someone feeling like they couldn't aim with it. And yes, that includes firing from the hip.

I also felt like the Scythe was already pretty powerful with a decent level Zerk... Only rivaled by the gimmicks of other weapons (bonecrusher's protection and knockback, pulverizer's extra explosive damage etc.)

Can't say much about the Dragonblaze and Locust, I believe it's for the best! But we'll see everything hands on

Upvote 0
Hey Kitten, I wanted to thank you, and especially Molly, for keeping us up-to-date on things. Molly is currently sifting through and responding to a lot of toxic people over on the Steam forums, which is no easy task. At least there are a few people there who want to provide actual constructive criticism, instead of just complaining.

You guys are doing a great job of getting more involved with improvements and updates, and I hope you can continue to engage the community, even when they are difficult. I'm heartened to see that a lot of things that I personally mentioned in the beta 1 survey are being addressed. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words. Little secret, I am Molly. I just had the name Kitten Mittens online first. :) Getting some solid feedback that we can possibly action on is a priority. I'm glad you see and hope others realize folks like Yoshiro and I poke people for info because we want the best understanding of their experience so we can relay it to the team to help get players what they want.

Reactions: GigaBowserX
Upvote 0
Wait... You REDUCED the recoil of the G36C??? That thing was already a damn laser, I really can't wrap my head around someone feeling like they couldn't aim with it. And yes, that includes firing from the hip.

I also felt like the Scythe was already pretty powerful with a decent level Zerk... Only rivaled by the gimmicks of other weapons (bonecrusher's protection and knockback, pulverizer's extra explosive damage etc.)

Can't say much about the Dragonblaze and Locust, I believe it's for the best! But we'll see everything hands on
I think it may have been over tuned. It's likely to get adjusted again to add a little bit of the recoil back.

Upvote 0
Molly is currently sifting through and responding to a lot of toxic people over on the Steam forums, which is no easy task. At least there are a few people there who want to provide actual constructive criticism, instead of just complaining.
If you're referring to the Events & Announcements feeds, then that's nothing new; the KF2 Steam Discussions would be wholeheartedly improved if 90% of the users in that subsection were just banned. Starting with the "whur KF3"/"no new achievements plz :("/etc. types.

Seriously, a stickied thread pre-answering those with "Common Complaints: Read this and comment under pain of death" would go a long way towards improving the general signal-to-noise ratio in general. Then just point anyone making useless or common complaints to the F.A.Q. and ban them. Simple as. They won't be missed, and it's not like they were contributing to the board nor the human race at large.

The other subsections at least have some legitimate feedback and discussions going on.

REDUCED the recoil of the G36C??? That thing was already a damn laser
It feels eerily similar to the FAMAS where the vertical recoil is nutter-butters unless you crouch-ADS and then it's completely fine. (Probably not without incident.) It definitely didn't need to be made easier to use or stronger, seeing as it's already a collective skill floor increase for SWAT.

The HRG Locust definitely had it coming. We need fewer do-it-all spam solutions in this game.

Reactions: GigaBowserX
Upvote 0
If you're referring to the Events & Announcements feeds, then that's nothing new; the KF2 Steam Discussions would be wholeheartedly improved if 90% of the users in that subsection were just banned. Starting with the "whur KF3"/"no new achievements plz :("/etc. types.
Bad advice. She already went overboard with bans, banning players who mocked TWI's questionable decisions and TWI's clueless fanboys and I'm referring to this in a polite way in order not to get banned (= I'm self censoring and thus refrain from communicating information that might be important). And TWI isn't accountable here in any way, as there's no moderation log, no moderation history available for public review. I know a few anecdotes, but how many I don't? Have you personally ever heard the scale of the banning on steam discussions? Is there a way to assess it independently? How come that most players don't even know about it?

If one wants honest feedback one should refrain from restricting speech. All garbage is a downside, but one doesn't come without another. Restrictions on speech inevitably lead to moderation abuse, people learn and proceed to self censor.

The state of the game is such that it lacks feedback for a number of reasons: 1) no feedback because of key people in the community are either banned or find it hopeless to tell anything to TWI -- and mind you these people at this point know their game better than whatever is left in TWI to maintain it 2) TWI has no good means to distinguish bad feedback from good because of lack of resources 3) Even whatever feedback they manage to accept still gets oftentimes ignored for years.

The game doesn't need any more restrictions on the feedback loop, it's already bad, no need to make it worse. Allow these people to let the steam off, oftentimes they are right (e.g. on 3 new achievements each season), just don't care much about the way they express it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it may have been over tuned. It's likely to get adjusted again to add a little bit of the recoil back.
I actually felt the recoil was already too lenient the first time around. Granted, my SWAT is currently level 23 so he got access to all its major skills. But considering the weapon is already super versatile, I believe it should be THAT EASY to control. It has a handy laser sight, good ROF, good damage... only the mag is a little small (but not unlike other SWAT weapons except the P90), and even that is mitigated once you reach a decent level. If you add the armor-piercing rounds to the mix, it's definitely a T4 that can compete with the Commando's arsenal. Balancing the gun with a bit more recoil would be the least thing you can do so it doesn't totally replace the Vector...

This being said, I had the time to try out the other guns, so here's my quick feedback !

Sickle : It's decent, actually it deals crazy amount of damage if you take the long-ranged option with a few zerk skills. I do believe its gimmick is not as interesting in the end... I don't know how you could make it better, but it's not a game changer at all, especially considering most higher-tiered Zerk weapons have something extra (the explosive damage of the Pulverizer, the defense and knockback of the Bonecrusher etc.) so I think it will be one of those late additions that just lays dormant because it adds nothing of value. It's good, just nothing special. I guess it's a nice bridge between T3s and the Battleaxe.

Locust : It's still absolutely ridiculous for its price. I believe it should be turned into a proper T3 and cost 1100/1200 dosh. It's really a "fire and forget" gun. And once you upgrade it once or twice, you can melt nearly everything. Even a bloat or a quarterpounder can be demolished in a single hit. And the crowd control is ludicrous. It's kinda funny (yet worrying) how the Survivalist started as a weaker version of every other perks and now gets access to some of the most bonkers weaponry available. Its damage should be tweaked again. Or maybe it's mag size? It's AoE ? It's reserve ammo? Anything really. But as it stands, it's just too good. I believe the right mindset would be to make it a formidable trash cleaner, but a poor choice against heavier zeds.

Dragonblaze : I feared it would be yet another insanity in the Firebug's arsenal. But it's actually a pretty decent weapon. Unlike the Sickle, I do see a purpose in both its modes : the horizontal shots are good at crowd control, the vertical one is better against single targets. It actually plays similarly to the real Doomstick too ! In the sense that it can kill priority targets really well, at the cost of emptying your mag on their face. And like most weapons from the perk : it's mad fun to use too. I don't know if I'd forego the versatility of the Incendiary Rifle or the Helios, but it's a nice counterpart. It is indeed very good against nearly everything, but it's low mag makes up for it mostly. Maybe its accuracy could be lowered a little? Considering the vertical line of shots makes for a very potent weapon even at mid-ranges. But that's my only real complain. Its reserve ammo is now more viable, but still a little low for bigger matches. And that's a good thing !

Upvote 0
Thanks for the kind words. Little secret, I am Molly. I just had the name Kitten Mittens online first. :) Getting some solid feedback that we can possibly action on is a priority. I'm glad you see and hope others realize folks like Yoshiro and I poke people for info because we want the best understanding of their experience so we can relay it to the team to help get players what they want.
Ah, that makes sense. 😆 Good to know. Yoshi is pretty cool too - I've mostly seen him on here (not as much on Steam), but he's always very helpful.

Upvote 0
If you're trying to buff the blast brawlers to be an alternative to the frost fang for survivalist could you also increase the ammo count on it? It's definitely a lot better but between the weight and that it still just feels worse.
The buff was intended to get it into a better place for Support.

Upvote 0
If you're trying to buff the blast brawlers to be an alternative to the frost fang for survivalist could you also increase the ammo count on it? It's definitely a lot better but between the weight and that it still just feels worse.
Yep.. in survivalist's hands, at point blank blast brawlers can kill 6p hoe scrake in full magazine via body damage, very. fast. And if upgraded to tier 5, heavy attack hits just like battleaxe. Yep..

Upvote 0
Yep.. in survivalist's hands, at point blank blast brawlers can kill 6p hoe scrake in full magazine via body damage, very. fast. And if upgraded to tier 5, heavy attack hits just like battleaxe. Yep..

Well yeah, but it still has very meager reserve ammo, with a quirky to-use attack too. The amount of times I got killed with that weapon is kinda ridiculous really, even though it's mad powerful. I just can't wrap my head around it.

(but I'm also very bad at this game ~~~~ )

Reactions: Aze and Milan
Upvote 0
Well yeah, but it still has very meager reserve ammo, with a quirky to-use attack too. The amount of times I got killed with that weapon is kinda ridiculous really, even though it's mad powerful. I just can't wrap my head around it.

(but I'm also very bad at this game ~~~~ )
It's not just you; it's still a funny meme, just one that now happens to actually be more useful than "bottom of the bin."

There's no real reason for anyone to use it over the AA-12/M4/Doomstick standbys other than "fun" and the melee animations still delay the shots on a weapon whose projectiles have travel time.

"Point crosshair at thing, thing dies" is still a solid strategy for good reason.

Upvote 0