• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

kill ratio/death count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
So in RO we have no way to see how many times we have died or what our kill ratio is. I think for some people this means they dont care how often they die. I bet if something like this was added in more people would try harder to stay alive just because of pride. if they are only killing one person for ever 5 lives they might think twice about suicide nading or something just as wreckless. I know tons of people will say on score isnt important in RO but the fact is people do look a the scores and if someone is doing really bad because they are screwing around they might try harder and add to the realism just so they dont look like such a bad player. Even just some sort of mutator to add it in would work if it cant be done officaly.

I like the idea of being able look up my kill/death ratio somewhere, if only to see how bad I really am. I don't think it would work well in a game though. The different classes have different jobs to do that I believe would also have different kills/deaths ratios. It may not be fair comparing the ratios for a sniper against an SMGer against a rifleman, etc.

Upvote 0
i think people would care more about winning or looseing if it showed the death count. your score would still be the same and people that capped would have a much better score. Right now go into the game and look around on any public server. you will see at least half the team camping in stupid spots just sniping on almost any map. it wouldnt turn it into another dod but... why are you afraid to let people see how many times you died? showing the % of reinforcements used would work as well. Anything to encourage people to try harder.

Upvote 0
why are you afraid to let people see how many times you died?
I'm not afraid, I just don't think it would be useful. For instance, consider a somewhat inexperienced person. He'll probably get a low kill/death ratio and may get chastised by his team. To improve his ratio he would probably hang back and snipe instead of working into a capzone. I'd rather see them die charging the capzone than hanging back to improve their ratio. In most cases, with more people moving toward the capzone the more that are going to get in.

Upvote 0
i think people would care more about winning or looseing if it showed the death count. your score would still be the same and people that capped would have a much better score. Right now go into the game and look around on any public server. you will see at least half the team camping in stupid spots just sniping on almost any map. it wouldnt turn it into another dod but... why are you afraid to let people see how many times you died? showing the % of reinforcements used would work as well. Anything to encourage people to try harder.

Please tell me how would the ability so see how you are doing in the K/D would help people cap/win? My opinion is that people would find a nice cosy spot to snipe and keep an eye on the K/D and don't give a crap about winning (just like DOD).

I'm not afraid not show my K/D, it's probably around 50/50 like it was in DOD, what I care about are the wins, even if it means that I need to get killed a lot. That's the way wars were won, throw bodies at the enemy. Before you go there, yes you need to keep an eye out on reinforcements and adjust your play accordingly.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Instead of splitting up the score by caps and kills just have it one score. so a cap is still worth 10 points and a kill is still 1 this will still make the people that get up and cap look better and it will still get people to pay attention to the amount of times they die instead of just burning up reinforcements for the whole team being suicidal

Upvote 0
you will see at least half the team camping in stupid spots just sniping on almost any map.
I'd do that in a real war as well, if I was the defender...

That said, in my experience players assault their ass off if that is required, barring two or three who like to stay behind and cover. Surely not half the team, or more.

Anyway, I don't care how many times I die, sometimes it's needed. I have been an MG'er and died 3 - 4 times, a sniper and not died at all, and I have been assaulting with StG and died tons of times. Having KPD wouldn't help at all I think, it could in fact work the other way:
People would be more conserned about their KPD and thus camp MORE in said corner. Behind the bush.

Upvote 0
in the mod Sephiroth set up a nice stat database. it was interesting to know how well you fared against other players. the RO community is a lot bigger now but in the mod the database didnt change gameplay at all with the one exception of athena who became the world's biggest git hiding in some rubble with his kar:D.

Upvote 0
search.jpg

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7837

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.