• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server KFserver: Killing Floor Linux Server Manager

dgibbs

Jul 18, 2012
Hello all I thought I would post about a script I have written to all you to quickly deployment of a Killing Floor server. I hope you find it useful.

KFserver: Killing Floor Linux Server Manager

kfserver is a command line tool for quick, simple deployment and management of a Killing Floor Linux dedicated server.

For full details click here.

Main Features:

Server installer (SteamCMD).
Start/Stop/Restart server.
Server update (SteamCMD).
Server monitor (including email notification).
Server backup.
Server console.
Map compressor.

Compatibility

The Linux Game Server Manager is tested to work on the following Linux systems.

Debian based distros (Ubuntu, Mint etc.).
Redhat based distros (CentOS, Fedora etc.).
The scripts are written in BASH and Python and would probably work with other distros.

Basic Usage

Start the server

Code:
./kfserver start
Stop the server

Code:
./kfserver stop
Restart the server

./kfserver restart

Updating the server

The server can be updated automatically using SteamCMD. The update option will stop the server, run the SteamCMD update and start it running again.

Code:
./kfserver update
Map Compression

Code:
./kfserver map-compressor
Using the map compressor you can compress all the maps to uz2 format to allow fast map downloads. Place all the custom maps in the maps directory. Run the map compressor and it will compress all the maps to a directory (default:Maps-Compressed)

Monitoring the server

The script can monitor the server to ensure it is online. Should the server go offline, the monitor will attempt to start it again.

Code:
./kfserver monitor

Email notification

Monitoring can send you an email, should the server go offline, and report details of the issue

Further notes

This script is free to use and you are welcome to customise and change it. I hope the script makes it easier to manage a Killing Floor server. If you have a suggestion, find a bug or issue, please leave a comment of my blog. Thank you.

Last edited: