• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KFMod official 2.51 and 2.52

S3R4PH!M

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
a little while ago the Killing Floor mod for UT2k4 got the "community patch 2.51" but some people say that theres an "official patch 2.51" with the patty in it. I searched for that a lot on google and in forums but in the forums there are invalid download links and on other pages i found:

-the community patch,

-an UNofficial 2.51 'patch'
(a zip folder with files you have to copy in yout kf2.5 folder, BUT this unofficial thing fixes bugs which arent fixed in the community patch like a now working mutator menue and a working poundamonium mut - i dont know in 2.5 and community 2.51 poundamonium isnt working and if you add a mut it replaces the one on the other side)

- and a KF2.52 which is called the sequel to the community patch

and now my questions:

- where can i download the official 2.51?
- is it better than the unofficial patch? (http://www.filefront.com/thankyou.p...0a1a8eea9e10d93bdce705a0fadf1d12895924d5326achttp://www.filefront.com/thankyou.p...0a1a8eea9e10d93bdce705a0fadf1d12895924d5326ac)
- what is the 2.52 version? (http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-252http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-252)
- are 2.52 and official 2.51 the same?
- do only i have the problems with the mutators in the official versions?

Last edited:
ok thx but i wonder why there are some people who say they have the official 2.51 version..

another question: what do you think is the best version to play and in general?

2.51 community
2.51 which u can download from the link above
2.52 (2.51 community sequel)

as a person who loves the charm of the mod and played it for quite some time, 2.0 is the best, 2.51 official is also the best. 2.51 official is made up of content that was unreleased by Alex (the creator), but was put together by Marco (he worked on KF mod back in the day). so technically its unofficial because its Marco, but hes using unreleased content.

the community patches are a attempt at making KF mod into retail. it fails. badly. way too easy gameplay. very little focus on bugfixes.

if i could sum things up:

KF retail: you feel tough, youve got lvl 6 perks, youve got wonder weapons. the zombies drop like flies.

KF mod: you feel weak, there is only lvl 1 perk, youve got bad weapons that dont have ironsights and cant really hit anything haha, and the zombies are TOUGH!

The full game.

sounds like someone got their buttkicked back in kf mod :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey dex, have you ported office from kfmod??? or Do you know if someone ported???
The new office sucks, I hate to see zombies spawning in rooms and over my head...
I want to try old office with old spawns.

if i port offices from 2.5, it will have more spawns than kf mod. keep in mind that kf mod zombies were alot stronger, you could make a map and have only 2 spawns and it would be INSANE back in the mod. now however, maps need like 50 spawns because the zombies die so fast.

Upvote 0
if i port offices from 2.5, it will have more spawns than kf mod. keep in mind that kf mod zombies were alot stronger, you could make a map and have only 2 spawns and it would be INSANE back in the mod. now however, maps need like 50 spawns because the zombies die so fast.

That's true, but there's no reason to see zombies spawning in front of you or over you >.<
I don't know if it's a game bug or a map bug... but it shouldn't happen.
Imagine you're playing and two fleshpound and many sirens spawn over you..... (happened to me) and then the patriarch spawn next to you when it's suppose to spawn far away from where you are.

Let me know if you port the map =D

Upvote 0
That's true, but there's no reason to see zombies spawning in front of you or over you >.<
I don't know if it's a game bug or a map bug... but it shouldn't happen.
Imagine you're playing and two fleshpound and many sirens spawn over you..... (happened to me) and then the patriarch spawn next to you when it's suppose to spawn far away from where you are.

Let me know if you port the map =D

yah i know what you mean about that stuff. i keep that in mind when doing the spawns.

EDIT: zombies shouldnt spawn in front of you, but now and then it will happen when youre running around quickly and part of the spawn isnt in view

PS: ive ported Bioticslab 2.5 and Manor 2.5. they are running great with nice spawns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sounds like someone got their buttkicked back in kf mod :p

because that is obviously the only reason why anyone would prefer the retail.

In any case "official" is just being used as leverage to attract whatever is left of the playerbase from one community patch to another. Calling it "Fixed" or "2.53" would have had the same effect. If it's "official", then where are the news posts on all the UE sites and ModDB (they lurved KF something hard) or the subsequent interviews with the team that's suddenly and inexplicitly no longer there and who are these new guys and where's kf.net? See what I'm getting at?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yah i know what you mean about that stuff. i keep that in mind when doing the spawns.

EDIT: zombies shouldnt spawn in front of you, but now and then it will happen when youre running around quickly and part of the spawn isnt in view

PS: ive ported Bioticslab 2.5 and Manor 2.5. they are running great with nice spawns.

The only port that I don't like is sewers. But it's because I don't like that lvl even in kfmod.
still good work =)

Upvote 0
because that is obviously the only reason why anyone would prefer the retail.

In any case "official" is just being used as leverage to attract whatever is left of the playerbase from one community patch to another. Calling it "Fixed" or "2.53" would have had the same effect. If it's "official", then where are the news posts on all the UE sites and ModDB (they lurved KF something hard) or the subsequent interviews with the team that's suddenly and inexplicitly no longer there and who are these new guys and where's kf.net? See what I'm getting at?

i can see what you mean about it. like what MiA is doing with their patch, trying to make it sound as official as possible so ppl will go for it, so i can see what you are getting it. i think what draws me to Marco's patch is he kept the gameplay intact, whereas MiA is editing this and that to try and make it have a retail feel.

also, i know you are a long time player, since it pretty much started, maybe not as good as Robot or L4dy 4bys, or... ZB :O but.. youve spent enough time with each version to be able to come to a decision. but whens the last time you did play 2.5? i play it weekly still, on all those classic maps - nightfall, wasteyard, etc. and the only thing that ruins it is the weight glitch, breaks immersion when you can carry.

retails missing the satisfaction you get when you blast some clots away with that old mod shotgun. its missing the survival aspect, whereas retail misses its challenge when you reach lvl 6 whatever and youre running around with your god weapons. even Alex at one point said - "what more do you need than the LAW?" and look what we have now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The better weapon handling (pistol can shoot as fast as you can click, iron sights for all weapons), which is probably the biggest step up from the mod aside from technical polish, is ironically what ruined KF retail in the beginning, imo.
Since then they tried their best to save it and the game has evolved into a fun and addictive game in its own right, but it has moved on from KFmod enough that it isn't a clearcut case of the retail version being better than the mod in pretty much every respect anymore (like it was with Red Orchestra). It's objectively the better game, but I can see how people could prefer the mod over it because it's different.

Upvote 0
The better weapon handling (pistol can shoot as fast as you can click, iron sights for all weapons), which is probably the biggest step up from the mod aside from technical polish, is ironically what ruined KF retail in the beginning, imo.
Since then they tried their best to save it and the game has evolved into a fun and addictive game in its own right, but it has moved on from KFmod enough that it isn't a clearcut case of the retail version being better than the mod in pretty much every respect anymore (like it was with Red Orchestra). It's objectively the better game, but I can see how people could prefer the mod over it because it's different.

you know when you go to the grand canyon and they say dont take the rocks home with you? or you know when you go to a museum and they have signs saying "DONT TOUCH THIS!" thats what KF mod needs, so dweebs like MiA will keep their hands off of it.

Upvote 0
also, i know you are a long time player, since it pretty much started

I've been involved in every release of KF since the mod demo. Playing ability isn't really a factor in my opinion.

The only thing that I'm having trouble understanding is where were these guys (doing community patches) when we needed them, which was almost constantly over the last 4 years. I think there were more "coder wanted" news posts than teasers. Surely this doesn't have anything to do with the popularity of the full game...

Upvote 0
I've been involved in every release of KF since the mod demo. Playing ability isn't really a factor in my opinion.

The only thing that I'm having trouble understanding is where were these guys (doing community patches) when we needed them, which was almost constantly over the last 4 years. I think there were more "coder wanted" news posts than teasers. Surely this doesn't have anything to do with the popularity of the full game...

lol probably not playing kf =P

Upvote 0