• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server KF2 WebAdmin Bans Disappearing

EternalReaper

Apr 21, 2015
So I recently had to ban three individuals from my server and when I added their SteamIDs to the list, I noticed that all of my other bans were no longer listed there. Do all previous bans get removed after a certain period of time or are they still banned, just not listed anymore? I decided to start exporting ban lists just to be safe now, but some information would be great.

Also, if this is in the wrong area, my apologies.

So I recently had to ban three individuals from my server and when I added their SteamIDs to the list, I noticed that all of my other bans were no longer listed there. Do all previous bans get removed after a certain period of time or are they still banned, just not listed anymore? I decided to start exporting ban lists just to be safe now, but some information would be great.

Also, if this is in the wrong area, my apologies.

Bans are stored in KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFGame.ini
Did you by any chance remove this file after you banned those persons?
If you delete this file and restart the server the file will be automagically re-created. But all changes you made before are erased.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bans are stored in KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFGame.ini
Did you by any chance remove this file after you banned those persons?
If you delete this file and restart the server the file will be automagically re-created. But all changes you made before are erased.

Yeup, that was my problem. I didn't know the bans were stored on PCServer-KFGame.ini and I was replacing that when doing some updates!

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Yeup, that was my problem. I didn't know the bans were stored on PCServer-KFGame.ini and I was replacing that when doing some updates!

Thanks for your help!
Your welcome :)

Hopefully they'll change that, to a similar system as the MultiAdmin
Yeah it's better to make seperate file(s) for bans. Like in source engine games.

Upvote 0