• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Summer 2022 Hotfix Changelog

We have just pushed a hotfix to address some of the issues that have been experienced since the Tidal Terror update. Details can be found in the changelog below:

Game Version:
PC: 1129
PlayStation: 1.64
Xbox: 1.03.8

Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2020 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community-reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Weapons:
  • Sentinel
    • Fixed an issue with the Sentinel where players could spawn more than one drone through spamming the deploy.
    • Fixed in issue were the Sentinel was not firing during ZED time while online.
    • Fixed an issue where the Sentinels SFX were playing globally during ZED time.
    • Fixed an issue with the Sentinel where the SFX were originating from the player rather than the drone.
    • Fixed an issue where new drones could not be deployed if the weapon was dropped and picked up while a drone was already deployed.
    • Fixed an issue where the drone propellers were not visible in third person when it was deployed at distance.
    • Fixed an issue where the magazine size and ammo capacity were inconsistent when using the Commando High Capacity Magazine Skill.
    • Fixed an issue where players using the Commando Prepared Skill were unable to purchase the maximum number of drones.
    • Fixed an issue where the Sentinel could cause servers to crash upon the player exiting.
    • Fixed an issue where the Sentinel could at times cause the client to crash during gameplay.

Map:
  • Rig
    • Addressed LODs, sight lines, and rain effects to improve performance across the map.
    • Updated the map list to include the Rig during map vote.
    • Addressed multiple areas where there were visible seams in the walls and floor.
    • Addressed multiple instances of objects clipping into and z-fighting (flickering) with the walls throughout.
    • Fixed an issue were ZEDs could become stuck within a spawn point in the 3rd floor Living Quarters area.

Store:
  • Fixed multiple scenarios where the Digital Deluxe Edition content was either not being granted with the Ultimate Edition Bundle/Upgrade or being removed with its purchase.

General:
  • Fixed an issue on consoles where map traveling could at times cause the server to crash.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 255 featured items
Workshop for Linux servers seems broken. Investigating... After 8 items it stops downloading other workshop items. it says item state 8 in logs for the other workshop items. There is no workshop log file on Linux (why TWI?) so can't investigate more. It doesn't work. Will do more tests but seems like a bug.

Here is the list of workshop items for test if you can reproduce it:
Code:
2143104493,2790793451,2770856897,2803697349,2821254667,2821850369,2819262652,643383080,2824917027,2810595687,2784055791,2824376820,1871989017,2789583196,2781804952,2804006937

Will try reinstalling server.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fr0stPh03niX
Upvote 0
Workshop for Linux servers seems broken. Investigating... After 8 items it stops downloading other workshop items. it says item state 8 in logs for the other workshop items.
I pinged the team to let them know what you are seeing. I've seen some related admin chatter that looks older than this update, so I am trying to find out who all this is impacting and when this started.

Upvote 0
I actually had issues on the previous update too, I don't know when issues started exactly. Currently on a freshly installed server I can't even have workshop items to download at all, log is empty of any relevant line. I'm at a loss. Maybe it is user error, at this point I'm lost I don't want to sound alarmist, but it seems indeed broken.

Upvote 0
I also had an issue with the workshop even before the hotfix.

A particular item I was struggling with was 2052571175. It would just never download, even after hours of trying/restarting the server. I ended up copying it to the server manually from my local client workshop cache where I had it because of the local subscription.

Not sure if it's related, I'll keep experimenting to see what's going on here. I'll try to remove some less popular items from the cache to see if they get downloaded.

The logs it would generate on the server are:

ServerCDE-backup-2022.06.27-12.30.30.log:[769912.10] NetComeGo: Checking item 2052571175 for updates.
ServerCDE-backup-2022.06.27-12.30.30.log:[769912.10] NetComeGo: Downloading item 2052571175.
ServerCDE-backup-2022.06.27-12.30.30.log:[769912.50] NetComeGo: No update available for item 2052571175

Although the item was updated on 6/23/2022. It never got downloaded.

PS It's on Linux, CentOS Stream release 8 to be specific.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So here's what I've found with the server workshop bug. It's sort of an offtopic here, plz indicate if we should move this to bug reports section.

So I run a Linux server CentOS Stream release 8, all up-to-date.

I run plenty of workshop content. Today to verify the issue I went and deleted one of the items from cache, specifically 1208883070 which is KF-Corridor from /home/kf2-admin/kf2-server/KFGame/Cache. The server is subscribed to this item via a line in LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini which states:

ServerSubscribedWorkshopItems=1208883070 //kf-corridor

I rebooted the server and after 48 seconds it went to check if it can download it. But here's what it logged:

[5290.19] NetComeGo: Checking item 1208883070 for updates.
[5290.19] NetComeGo: Item state is 8.
[5290.19] NetComeGo: Downloading item 1208883070.

So it's item state 8, which is a server issue per this guide:

At the same time, if I subscribe to this same item locally on my Windows 10 up-to-date PC in a steam fat client, it gets downloaded no issues right away into this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\232090\1208883070\BrewedPC\Maps

From here it seems that only the servers have an issue, while clients don't. Judging by the difference between the two it might be related to authentication as steam clients are authenticated, while servers are anonymous.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
kf2 server for linux has three steamclient.so:
/linux64/steamclient.so /Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so /steamclient.so

In the last patch, they again began to differ from each other. I replaced them all with a symlink to steamclient.so from steamcmd. This helped me with item state 8

That worked for me! Thanks for posting this. Now that I did that, I now vaguely recall that something like this already happened in the past, that's not the first time.

Upvote 0
I already tried that initially by downloading them directly from steamcmd with the appiID 1007 or something like that, and you can see the file in KF2/linux64 is already to the proper version as well as the one in the root of KF2 server folder. The one in Binaries though might be the one not up to date, but replacing it with the one in KF2/linux64/ (or from any other source) doesn't unlock the situation on my side. I tried replacing all files, mixes of different versions and so on, nothing worked in my case. Hope it gets looked at someday.

Upvote 0
So here's what I've found with the server workshop bug. It's sort of an offtopic here, plz indicate if we should move this to bug reports section.

So I run a Linux server CentOS Stream release 8, all up-to-date.

I run plenty of workshop content. Today to verify the issue I went and deleted one of the items from cache, specifically 1208883070 which is KF-Corridor from /home/kf2-admin/kf2-server/KFGame/Cache. The server is subscribed to this item via a line in LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini which states:

ServerSubscribedWorkshopItems=1208883070 //kf-corridor

I rebooted the server and after 48 seconds it went to check if it can download it. But here's what it logged:

[5290.19] NetComeGo: Checking item 1208883070 for updates.
[5290.19] NetComeGo: Item state is 8.
[5290.19] NetComeGo: Downloading item 1208883070.

So it's item state 8, which is a server issue per this guide:

At the same time, if I subscribe to this same item locally on my Windows 10 up-to-date PC in a steam fat client, it gets downloaded no issues right away into this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\232090\1208883070\BrewedPC\Maps

From here it seems that only the servers have an issue, while clients don't. Judging by the difference between the two it might be related to authentication as steam clients are authenticated, while servers are anonymous.

Hope this helps.

Hello, i have the same issue in my private server, i don't know how to resolve this i'm trying for so long unsuccessfully, do you know how to solve this?

PS: I use my server in Windows 10.

Upvote 0
kf2 server for linux has three steamclient.so:
/linux64/steamclient.so /Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so /steamclient.so

In the last patch, they again began to differ from each other. I replaced them all with a symlink to steamclient.so from steamcmd. This helped me with item state 8
I don't know how to do this, i have the same issue ( Item state 8 ) in my server, could you explain to me how to solve this problem please?
PS: I use my KF2 server in Windows 10.

Upvote 0
Hello, i have the same issue in my private server, i don't know how to resolve this i'm trying for so long unsuccessfully, do you know how to solve this?

PS: I use my server in Windows 10.
Unfortunately, I only have a solution for Linux.

You will need to find a Windows steam client version of that "steamclient" file that both allows for workshop downloads and doesn't crash the server. As of now some of us Linux hosters use the older version of this steam client file which works.

I suggest you also create a support case with TWI, this will help at nagging them. They've broken it 8 months ago and still no fix.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I only have a solution for Linux.

You will need to find a Windows steam client version of that "steamclient" file that both allows for workshop downloads and doesn't crash the server. As of now some of us Linux hosters use the older version of this steam client file which works.

I suggest you also create a support case with TWI, this will help at nagging them. They've broken it 8 months ago and still no fix.
Thanks for the help, you helped a lot, really. I didn't know who else to ask for help, thanks a lot, have a nice week :)

Upvote 0