• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 has best deagle 2016!

defragen1

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Non stop 1deagging madness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyU-hp-RQYw&feature=youtu.be

Now the that the gunslinger update is finally here and we have the deagle back I think I see one mistake. With the revolvers and 1911 it seems like it was a mistake for tripwire to go futuristic with AK12 chosen for the AK.
AK12 in KF2 feels 5.45x39mm-ish, I want a heavy AK that feels like 7.62x39mm. KF1 ak was definitively more brutal. It should be an AKM with wooden furniture and you see the whole weapon bending in slowmotion. It seems like a missed opportunity for how KF2 has extreme animations.

Commando is my favorite perk but in KF2 after some updates he definitively seems sidelined instead of being the best class. Second to command I enjoy playing the DEMO and kind of miss the m32 from KF1 that was really fun gibbings.

Last edited:
The AK-12 in KF2 is actually modeled after the 5.45 model, even though Lieutenant Masterson calls it the 7.62. That said, the 5.45 is more damaging against flesh, but less against armour. Armour obviously isn't a huge concern in KF2 and all guns treat armour (mostly in the form of metallic parts bolted to specimens) the same way, with 50% reduced damage.

Upvote 0
The AK-12 in KF2 is actually modeled after the 5.45 model, even though Lieutenant Masterson calls it the 7.62. That said, the 5.45 is more damaging against flesh, but less against armour. Armour obviously isn't a huge concern in KF2 and all guns treat armour (mostly in the form of metallic parts bolted to specimens) the same way, with 50% reduced damage.
7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are roughly comparable against flesh, especially depending on what specific 7.62 and 5.45 rounds are compared(Russian 7.62x39 M43 wasn't particularly great in the flesh department but Yugoslavian 7.62, among others, is notably better against flesh). 7.62 can be pretty brutal if it's slamming into bone as well.
5.45 has the advantage of having a flatter trajectory, a lower recoil impulse, and being lighter. 7.62 tends to have better barrier penetration(not necessarily armor penetration) but is trickier to use at longer ranges(like 400-600 yards).

I'd also love to see a 7.62x39 AK in the game.

Upvote 0
Its likely they'll add an Mkb.42 eventually, which was essentially the first version of the stg44.

Would be great to see it come back for KF2. It would probably be balanced as a T3 though, not a T4.

I hope its a T4 weapon as strong as SCAR. The commando weapons are so weak on trash zeds.
Too bad they dont use STG44 but instead MKB 42. They are almost identical, but the name is different.

Maybe a T5 weapon? More damage but more recoil and slower fire rate as well!

Upvote 0
I hope its a T4 weapon as strong as SCAR. The commando weapons are so weak on trash zeds.
Too bad they dont use STG44 but instead MKB 42. They are almost identical, but the name is different.

Maybe a T5 weapon? More damage but more recoil and slower fire rate as well!
7.92x33 is not more powerful than 7.62x51, it's more comparable to 7.62x39 but even that is a little bit hotter of a round. The 7.92x33 is a short(intermediate) cartridge, 7.62x51 the SCAR 17 uses is a full size rifle cartridge so it makes sense for the SCAR to have a higher damage value.

If Commando weapons are weak on trash zeds then it would make more sense to rebalance all of the Commando's weapons instead of making a T5 weapon or a bunch more T4's. Commando(and every other class for that matter) should get more weapons for every tier imo.

Upvote 0
I agree there my friend. Almost all weapons feel weak in this game.
To kill a Siren, you need at least 20-30 body shots (or more) with a SCAR. Makes no sense for that fragile looking body of her.
L85, needs like 6-7 body shots to put down a gorefast. Just too much for that amount of ammo you have.
You always has to go for headshots, what makes it too linear and boring...
Same goes for AA-12. You have 4 magazines, but you need at least 50 body shots to kill a scrake. Logic?!
Im talking about 6-men HoE.

Upvote 0