• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[KF2 data analysis] Why AR15/SA80/M16M203 shall be buffed to 32 damage even at a cost

Utopia-Phoenix;n2298958 said:
I do buy SA80 even without this buff to 32 damage, on HOE MP. This is because:

If there is NO support teammate, then I won't have enough ammunition to pass wave 2. I do fire my 9mm at 1st wave and the AR15 at 2nd wave, but their ammo are not enough for the zed quantity of multiplayer (you'll run dry at late stage wave 2). Buying SA80 is to use its ammo pool to carry the ammo necessary for me, and in case of "OH SH1T" moments.
(On single player I'd keep the money for AK at 3rd wave)

If there IS support teammates, then ammo is no longer a problem. However, support resupply packs grants ammo to all weapons in your hand. It's "first bought first served" which I greed.

I use the knife for most of wave 1. only need gun forbelite alphas and gorefiends. all the cyst and clot varies die easy to knife when you have fall back.

between the ar and pistols, you got plenty of ammo for wave 2. wave 3 the spawns pick up, so kinda depends on how effective the team is. usually by wave 3 if got the ak.

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2298990 said:
I use the knife for most of wave 1. only need gun forbelite alphas and gorefiends. all the cyst and clot varies die easy to knife when you have fall back.

between the ar and pistols, you got plenty of ammo for wave 2. wave 3 the spawns pick up, so kinda depends on how effective the team is. usually by wave 3 if got the ak.

Yeah, it's depended on how effective the teammates are. But to my experience, in most cases they are morons. Morons who die in chains in wave 2, or it's 3 of them together and cannot hold the parameter which I can hold on my own.

I did, in some cases, encounter qualified (not great, qualified is enough) teammates and preserved my SA80 at 2nd wave without using it at all. But it's a probablility which I dare not risk. I also did encounter a game where all 5 teammates died in wave 2 and me afterwards after I ran dry on all SA80/AR15/9mm. So it's hard to tell how much ammunition you'll use at 2nd wave.
The most stable condition is that there are NO teammates at all. Solo. It is this case which I dare to predict my ammo consumption accurately and decide to skip SA80 for a straight rush for AK12.

Upvote 0