• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-SantaWorkshop_Beta

Pt.Jones

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2015
Italy
steamcommunity.com
KF-SantaWorkshop_BetaV3

Wallpaper_Santa_Workshop.png

Short Description:

An unofficial direct sequel to Killing Floor Santa

Last edited:
Added cause awesome!

+All Textures but snowman support blood.
+Big map, much space and many opportunities to fight.
+Mostly very good smooth gameplay.
+Custom Music not to loud.
+Custom Textures fit in very well.

-Some lower fps spots here and there (main hall with the christmas tree)

Another thing!
I would love the enter the first floor in Santas Workshop in the Main Hall with the tree. Pls i need it :D :D

Upvote 0
Hey Sk1n-Walk3r thanks for the feedback!

I'm already working on the next version of the map and will look into optimizing it a bit more! So far I managed to lower the map size by 90mb and added more zed spawn in the corridor section of the tool shed.

Hm... I definitely look into allowing the players to enter the first floor, just I might have to tweak it a bit, since I don't want the player to defend always in the main hall area.

Upvote 0
Hey Sk1n-Walk3r thanks for the feedback!

hm... going up you say? who knows might consider it for the next update!

Also who says santa can't have kids? :D

As for the lab area, I'm afraid that if I start decorating it in a Christmas way I might loose my original plan for the map, which was to create two different and distinguish areas. Christmas vs Biotech. Nonetheless I do find the idea interesting.

Lets just say that the bottom part is Santa's Workshop ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I finally figure out what's causing the frame drops! It appears that the blood splatter rez is way too high!

I just finished re-reading all of the notes on KF2 SDK Wiki and found out that I can do even more optimization.

Going to get rid of more unnecessary lights, lower and fix all of the blood splatters everywhere, and try to reduce some of the poly count on custom objects. Hopefully by doing these changes it will fix any major frame drops, and render the map in overall more stable/enjoyable.

Also regarding your other previous comment I managed to finally fix my custom object's UVs, so now get ready to see the entire map in blood! :D

Upvote 0
Beta version 3 is live!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this has been one of the biggest updates yet! I had to redesign the entire map, and changed nearly all of the lighting and blood splatters in order to make the map more playable and enjoyable! So yeah, one of my main goals was to optimize it as much as possible.

For the next version of the map, I am planning to make it the final; hopefully this will address any issues previously found in the map.

Upvote 0