• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-QuarryMine

Motanum

May 15, 2015
Mexico
Hey Guys! I decided is time to go public with my map for all of you to enjoy. It's still a work in progress but the map is playable and playing the map early provides the best feedback!

KF-QuarryMine

Description
Zelementz, a subdivision company of Horzine is a mining company throught the world. Zelementz is in charge of obtaining valuable materials that Horzine uses for it's operations. When the outbreaks happen, our mercenaries are tasked to retake a Zelementz facility.

Gameplay
The map is pretty much all custom meshes, so a lot of the work is in making sure that it fits all together without seams (There are many holes still, mostly on the floor). I am also making props and other assets to populate the world.
The map is a mix of outdoors daylight, and indoors dark areas. This makes for a mix up in gameplay and you may decide to fight some zeds some areas and other zeds in other areas. For example, the quarry is great to snipe many zeds from the distance, while mines are better for close quarters combats like shotguns or nades. Specially the boss, is much easier to fight against in the mines where you can grab cover using the mine walls, something that the quarry can prove more difficult.

Images
Pics are from June 20, 2015.
Spoiler!

How to play?
You can play offline or you can join at any time the KF-QuarryMine 24/7 server! I recommend you download the map first, install it, and then join the server.

DOWNLOAD - Dropbox
SERVER - 68.232.160.144:23000

So, I hope to you will enjoy the map and let me know what you guys think. You can reply to this thread or also send me an email (eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com). I'd rather you don't upload the map to other servers, as there is no way to keep track of updated versions like a Steam workshop would allow. I do keep my 24/7 server updated pretty much all the time.
Thanks

Last edited: