• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Penumbra

Hey,

Here's a converted, and updated/changed version of KF-Penumbra from KFMod by Sudo.
Penumbra is now a small, hectic map, but with its original grunge style. I've made many changes, obvisouly updating for KF Retail and also changed the layout, making it smaller and the action faster, Ive also made tweaks to the lighting and BSP work.

Screens:

Enjoy!

Original Conversion by Sudo, check it out!

Last edited:
After a playtest, a couple things.

1.Why does it make the squish noise on like 90% of the steps? It gets kinda annoying.
2.You said you already fixed the crawlers, I assume you mean when they were getting stuck in the vent/ceiling and would require grenades alot of the time.
3.In this upcoming screenshot, I was using a flamethrower, when I got close to this object and tried to fire, it wouldnt show anything happening, and I couldnt hit anything, it just acted like it was shooting and nothing was happening. If I took a step or two back, I could easily shoot through the object like it was supposed to. Here is a screenshot of me firing and nothing happening.

Shot00060.jpg

Upvote 0
Uhh, wasn't expecting that. Looks like you didn't even use the version I was working on. Really wanted to keep that snow man :-/ Kills the atmosphere without it...

I'm still working on my version, lol I guess I'm not happy unless it's my own work. I'll rename it if its just going to confuse people.

-Sudo

Upvote 0
Uhh, wasn't expecting that. Looks like you didn't even use the version I was working on. Really wanted to keep that snow man :-/ Kills the atmosphere without it...

I'm still working on my version, lol I guess I'm not happy unless it's my own work. I'll rename it if its just going to confuse people.

-Sudo

Hey, looks like he beat ya to it. Now you can start a war. a nuclear war.

...of mapping.

Upvote 0
I'm new to ue 2.5 servers. But normally if the client has a map that is a different file size then the server it will mismatch and tell htem they have the wrong version. I don't know if this is rtrue in Killinf Floor or not.
Thought the same but the UT servers seems to use hash values for a map so if you upload the new version, the hash will differ from the old version and the clients will automatically download the new version.

This map reset all the perks to zero and messed up the character selection. How do I get my levels back and the character selection?
Nope, the map runs fine for me.

Upvote 0