• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-MinecraftTest

xFleury

Apr 22, 2015
D2eWPIo.png

Download Link:

KF-MinecraftTest_Beta07.kfm
KF-MinecraftTest_Beta06.kfm
KF-MinecraftTest_Beta05.kfm
KF-MinecraftTest_Beta04.kfm
KF-MinecraftTest_Beta03.kfm
KF-MinecraftTest_Beta02.kfm
KF-MinecraftTest_Beta01.kfm

Screenshots:

5QTyykT.jpg

RB3nlyn.jpg

25PBRYw.jpg

lFDaYKh.jpg

Release Notes:

• Beta07
    • Fixed textures not loading after Bulls-Eye update.
    • Cobblestone road now consists of half-blocks and corner stones.
    • Added support for staircase blocks (no more jumping up ramps :)).
    • Added an office building to the map with an accessible roof.
    • Fixed performance issues when multiple zeds are traversing different regions of the map (apparently "Simple Collision" is not scalable whatsover).
    • Walking sounds should now match the material being wlked over; walking over wooden planks now sounds like walking on wood.
  • Beta06
    • Fixed ceilings appearing black.
    • Built a new castle that closer resembled the one that appeared in Beta02.
    • Assigned "Physical Material" to each MIC.
    • Fixed some pathing and door sizing issues with FPs.
  • Beta05
    • Actually fixed textures not loading after Incinerate 'N Detonate update.
  • Beta04
    • Fixed textures not loading after Incinerate

Last edited:
This map needs ammo/armor/weapon spawns. Also there is some issues on the top of the 'tower' where bloats get stuck in a loop jumping up and down. It's kind of a small map but all those level changes makes movement and aiming pretty difficult with getting stuck and zeds constantly jumping. I would expand the map size a bit so there is less zed jumping all the time but maybe that's a feature of this map. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I've been considering how best to expand the map. Just to make this small test map, I had to partition the UDK level into multiple sub-levels, and even still I was hindered by slow performance.

I think I'm going to move development over to Blender, for multiple reasons:

• It has significantly better performance than UDK when copy&pasting large amounts of geometry.
  • It can (actually) generate the UV layers required to enable blood splatter on the map.
  • It can optimize the geometry to remove hidden faces and duplicate vertices.
  • Blender can run on my Mac Book Pro :p!

To test its geometry optimizations, I copy&pasted blocks to form a stucture (the inside of which, is not hollow), and Blender was able to allow me to quickly hollow it out.

(outside)

CghBzuM.png

(inside)

cwYfYxu.png

Some metrics:

bblOshC.png

And its .FBX exporter seems to work well enough.

zdNpD1J.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, that looks really good! Keep at it. If you want an update on where I'm at with KF-MinecraftTest, I've started working on my main project, which is KF-MC-Farm (a Minecraft themed remake of KF-Farm).

It's really ambitious, and I might not finish it. So far though, Blender is working wonders!

Nah, i have to finish up my warcraft map(which you mentioned ^^)

and i figured id use some HD texture pack :p

Upvote 0
I've started working on adding a splatter map, but the "[TW]Planar" splatter UV channel thing is causing some pretty wonka splats on vertical surfaces (like the wall of the castles), I'm gonna have to figure something out for it.

It's really looking cool, apart from the vertical surfaces thing though:

ip5dnkL.png

Upvote 0
Hey there!

Your map (v1) is running since a while on my server and it's always great fun! Today I tried to install v3 but sadly all I see are missing textures :(

Is there a way to fix this? I would love to play this map some more! (also I want the castle back somehow :p)

Again, the maps are really fun to play with frieds!

EDIT: After doing some reading around, this may have to do something with the Beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0