• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Corruption

Deleted member 24443

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2010
Germany
Finally I've gotten this one out the door.
KF-Corruption is medium sized map with a new and thus quite unique setting, including new textures from various artists (almost a dozen sources where used - check the readme file!) and new music by Xenogenocide. However, the map itself needs some testing for the seamless experience, that's where you come in.

There is no official beta download link anymore. The map has been released in V1.0. :)

What you can expect:
- Spawn locations for the team and ZEDs
- 5 Trader positions across the map
- Pathing network
- All the visuals, including music and detail textures (but no ambient sounds for the time being)
- Blocking volumes (I know of the fences, but ZEDs can jump over in places, and they can reach you on top)
- Fully finished layout, with weapon and ammo spawns scattered across the map
- Weldable doors

So if you find any snags, please post them here so I can fix those. For now this map will not be submitted to the whitelist. This is something for the final map version.

Screenshots (Size 1280*720):
Spoiler!

€ Download Link updated: BETA 2 is out!
beta2 changes:
- fixed a door bug close to the small outside area
- fixed pathing issues in large outside area
- added in more detail to block off non-usable areas
- added in a few more spawns and tweaks to make camping in certain spots harder
- added more overall visuals
- turned down intensity for a bit (from 1.6 to 1.75)

bea3 changes:
- hopefully fixed all possible exploits and glitches
- added in a few more decos
- added in more block volumes for better flow
- added in a 12th ammo pack
- tweaked zombie volumes so they appear more "swarmy" now
- tweaked bits of the pathing network again so zombies get stuck less
- fixed a bug that allowed you to camp inside certain trader doors.
corruption2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow swanky just tried your map. it was really great. I video taped the whole thing. found 2 mayor glitches. and one glitch that came again and again in the whole game with the fences. and there where a glitch with the trader doors.

EDIT: will make a new vid since I saw that last one got really crappy :p

killing floor - KF-Corruption beta test for first time - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
killing floor - KF-Corruption beta test for first time - YouTube

I'll put out the glitches:

1:04 noobish lamp glitch x2
1:44 Super stair glitch
2:50 fences
3:45 more fences
4:45 zombie get stuck (kinda frustrating) easy fix would be adding a new bench I guess
6:12 trader doors. all the thick ones. but I failed to show it :)
7:10 I wanna go behind the desk :)
9:15 Im talking about a glitch where you can jump on the crawlers head and up on the beams behind there. but didnt have a crawler so i failed to show it!
10:40 yet another fence :)
12:05 using a crawler to glitch beside the super stair glitch
12:59 saying bye

I was talking bit about a great camping spot in the video. but now when I played the map a few times. I saw the really nice hole in the grounds that made headshots a great lot harder! thumbs up :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is very good criticism, very very nice. Most of the fences can't be glitched anymore, but you showed me even more. Perfect. About the trader doors... well that should be possible, albeit difficult. I'm having an idea that actually stretches the trader zone into the door so you cannot camp there without being teleported out. Very good find sir. Will block off the remaining fences and staircases now. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is very good criticism, very very nice. Most of the fences can't be glitched anymore, but you showed me even more. Perfect. About the trader doors... well that should be possible, albeit difficult. I'm having an idea that actually stretches the trader zone into the door so you cannot camp there without being teleported out. Very good find sir. Will block off the remaining fences and staircases now. :)

what about the desk? ;( I wanna go behind the desk :( THEEEEEE DESSSKKK!! D:

Upvote 0
Is blocked off for good now.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I WANNA GO BEHIND THE DESK :( :( :( :(

anyways here is a new vid! :D showing 4 more glitches. didnt speak tho :)

EDIT: the first one might be unclear. I'm just standing behind one of those cylinders in the train. and the zeds have pretty much problem with attacking me.
That secound one I can also do at the 3 other simular places with a crawler.
third one is a crawler must help.
fourth one, I just found it by accident in that clip. dont even know if it good use for anything :p
Killing floor - KF-Corruption beta test - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That secound one I can also do at the 3 other simular places with a crawler.

hehe that sounds strange think you ment something like.

"that secound one. That glitch is in 3 other spots in the same room. but i need the help of a crawler."

Great Map. love the looks, played it with my friend and found it really hard :) which is good! since then its even bigger chance at getting whitelisted :p

Upvote 0
Thank you. :) Those glitches will also be fixed later. As for the second one I think I know the places you mean, see if I can fix up any additional possible snag spots - the desk one was one by the way, because ZEDs crawled and got stuck there. I had to block it off... It's now done in a way that makes clear where you can go and where you cannot. :)
As for the map being hard, in version b2 I reduced the intensity slighty, so there's a better chance of survival in the right places, and you won't be killed just outside any trader locations. Have to work out a better balance on the outside, though, so ZEDs will swarm you from more different angles, forcing you to watch around - right now you can mostly camp the "offices" entrance with one guard to the left and a commando / trash killer and the outside ramp to the yard below, also holding off the occasional crawler drop from above. However, ZEDs should now also come more from the far trader position (the long gangway with the high fences) as the stairs allow it for ZEDs to attack you in the back now.
I also found a POSSIBLE solution for your trader door problem, that being extending the traderzone into the door. Haven't tried it out for now, though. Could also make the door crushing the player, though this'd be a harsh punishment for any late-leavers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you, lammah, hope you have a good time. :) B3 is on the way, fixing everything you mentioned and some more. Fixed the trader door bug on every trader available, fixed ZEDs not dropping correctly from above in the center room, added in more ceiling decos, fixed all the fences, so be aware, that's gotta be a pretty big step up! :) I'll probably upload it tomorrow evening so I can check all lighting bugs are out this time (there's a black wall due to misrendering on the top floor in b2). One thing I still have to check, though, is the ZEDs are jumping over the trash and from above correctly. Couldn't test it right this time.

Upvote 0