• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Chthon

ENTER THE HALLS OF CHTHON​

chthonfinal1.jpg

chthonfinal2.jpg

chthonfinal3.jpg

chthonfinal4.jpg

chthonfinal5.jpg

chthonfinal6.jpg

chthonfinal7.jpg

Trader Rooms: 4
Pickups: 16
Doors to weld: 6​

Click on the eye to grab the map :)
(Or visit the Grindhouse page)​

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty
Beautiful looking map!

I really like your use of color and the eyecatchers like the bridge with the waterfall or the different "types of floor" (mosaic for example) that you used.
The "little event" (sound and graphically effect) that gets triggered if someone tries to leave the cave/dungeon ist nice/neat, too.
The map is very varied and "compact" which keeps the action at a good level (as far a I tested it with one friend on "normal" an "hard" - "long).

The only thing about your map that I don't understand is:
Why is the no more than one server at a time playing this map ?! :confused:

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

The servers are out there. You just have to find them. A lot of people have different tastes. I have a good 80-90% of the custom maps on my 3 servers. You can vote on any you want at one time. The sites are below. Also may want to stack the server a little. That way you can get the map you want. The three most popular lately have been Ganja, Gas Station, and Macabre Day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FINALLY! A goddamn map that makes me feel like Indiana Jones! :D

Hehe, the only thing that's missing is a giant boulder that squashes you - or the zeds, for that matter ;)

No seriously. When we playtested the map I realized that the layout tends to grind down solo'ers. Which is a good thing, imho. It often occured that if someone took the wrong corridor, the team considered him as lost. This happens especially if you're stuck in the whine cellar or the sewers.

The original version of this map had an additional marble hallway at the entrance stairway with another spiral staircase connecting to the whine cellar, but this was removed since it dispersed the action and made the whole layout too big.

I don't claim this map to be bug-free or in a perfect state (although it's playable enough to be considered final), so if someone finds something worth improving, his opinion is always welcome :)

Cheers
The Colonel

Upvote 0
Finally got around to getting our own server, and finally got to play the map.

Your textures are awesome, and I love that you get the Mythos style without beating us over the head with it. I loved all the little fenced off areas with tree roots coming through. They weren't really part of game play, but it was just a nice detail. Love the doorway stones too. And the floor. Just can't say enough good things about your texture work.

Overall it's a little clean for my tastes, but that's a minor thing given how much detail you put into the textures. I would have liked to see more static meshes used as additional details, some areas of the map are pretty bare. The coffins were way sweet though, and fewer SM does make for smoother game play.

The room with the pillars is murder on 6 players. Next to the bridge area, that's my favorite part of the map. It's so much harder to play defensively when the specimen have that much cover.

I haven't played this a whole lot yet, but overall it's one of my favorites, and I suspect it would be even if I wasn't a Lovecraft fan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a great map. Looks nice plays hard. Got a real catacomb / Medieval feel that I like. Some nice places to dig in and basically it's a lot of fun even if the 19m to trader turns out to be a 45 second run round the houses and there's barely enough time left to fill your gun. I like it and so do people who play it. I recommend everyone check it out.

Upvote 0