• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-BikiniAtoll

Modestyiswimpy

Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2015
9k=
LATEST UPDATE:
2/19/2016
Link to current page - http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=116418

Download/Contest Page

Imgur Album

Reddit Link

Youtube Link

Are ya ready kids? I can't hear you!!

Take back Bikini Atoll in this intense new custom map for Killing Floor 2, designed by Modestyiswimpy

-------------------------------

After countless nuclear bomb tests, Bikini Atoll has taken on an eerie aura. The ocean runs green, Mutated fish-monsters have demolished all but a few pockets of city, and even the Flying Dutchman himself has fallen victim to the destructive radioactivity devouring the area.
You take on the role of one of the few remaining fish...people and it is your goal to bring this epidemic to an end once and for all. Your weapons? Waterproof-ish gunpowder and hot lead. And don't worry captain, we'll buff out those scratches.

Content:
The map itself is quite large and open, embracing some respect for the older days of KF-Farm. However! Kiting is no fun without challenge, so don't be surprised if you find yourself ground to a pulp on the side of a car or at the edge of a fishhook.
All assets have been strictly created by Modestyiswimpy. I do plan on adding soundtracks eventually, with the help of a sound team, but until that option is enabled I have all the audio files on standby.

Current State:
Map is currently in beta-testing mode. I've linked an imgur album and by the time this message has changed, a full video demonstration.

EDIT: Waiting on TWI to update Workshop.

Unfinished Locations:
-Munch Bucket Backroom
-Boating School Residence

How Can I Help Improve This Map?:
Glad you asked! Since the contest is reaching its final weeks, I could really use the help pointing out flaws and opportunities to improve. If you feel that something you've found is game-breaking or immersion-breaking, feel free to contact me either by a private message here, forum post, or through my steam account seen below! And thank you!
My Steam Account

HUGE THANKS TO:
My Audio Team-
Ryan Donelly
Evan Wilber

I can't wait until I get the audio tracks into the map for y'all to hear.

Beta Testing Team-
Standardstyle
Pwnstarr6
Lion

Attachments

• JpC7ICB.jpg
    JpC7ICB.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9wCO7ao.jpg
    9wCO7ao.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • oPGzksn.jpg
    oPGzksn.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ready or not here comes ur feedback!

+Full blood support
+smooth 60FPS nearly all the time.
+The borderlands-ish textures give the game a interessting new look
+Streets look all different (no trace of copy paste)
+Really damn detailed!! :eek:
(I couldnt decide what burger to order while fighting a FP.)

-I gotta jump to get on the ship here which costed me my life.
http://imgur.com/iTrpuhn
Maybe make it even like the rest?

-A bit to dark i think.

Id like kind of a back exit in the Krusty Krab and the Bucket since you're screwed if you decided to stay in those well made buildings.
(Doesnt Sponge has a door in his kitchen?)

R u planning to let us entry more buildings in the future?

All in all this became my fav map so far. You got my vote! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey! Happy to see you finally got the map out to the public. This is one of the most original and fun maps I've ever seen, and you've obviously put a lot of hard work into this .. all of which I highly appreciate.

Great revisions so far. I was concerned because the map was still dark, but I could see how you tweaked it because it wasn't so hard to see crawlers anymore and I didn't have to struggle much to stay alive around the boating areas.

I don't have any other critiques. I just wanted to compliment you and say you have my vote! I hope you make more maps like this in the future, a friend was saying he'd like to see a neighborhood version with like Spongebob's home, an apartment, etc. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Some things you might want to look into:

- Krusty Krab overly is overly bright from the outside, once inside the light adjusts itself which is very weird. This happens to all the accesible buildings
- Can't remember the huge sign 'always open' above the Krusty Krab being there
- Map is pretty dark
- Intro-scene of bosses aren't working
- Crosshatching/line weights which are present on this map carry over to the gear screen and other maps which make other maps look bad
- Probably the green dominant directional light is causing some blood to be green on the ground and bloat bile to be orange

Upvote 0

It's a callback to an episode of Spongebob where Mr. Krabs never closes the Krusty Krab, so Squidward and Spongebob have to work all night every night. That's where the huge sign comes from.

i watched that episode years ago and i still remember every detail what am i doing with my life

Upvote 0
It's a callback to an episode of Spongebob where Mr. Krabs never closes the Krusty Krab, so Squidward and Spongebob have to work all night every night. That's where the huge sign comes from.

i watched that episode years ago and i still remember every detail what am i doing with my life

Hahaha great memory you have there ;)
I guess it's okay then :p

Upvote 0
So after playing this map a bajillion times the past couple of weeks, I do agree with a previous poster than the one thing I'd love to see the map have is a backdoor in Krispy Klam. It's your prettiest building interior and I would like to spend more time in it running through, but its hard to do since the zeds come from the back and you can only leave through the front doors. Because of that I mainly see players avoiding it at all costs except for spawn and trader.

Also, would you consider opening up the little captains room on the ship that has the purple curtain? A few of us are dying to see what would be inside of it :DDD #Lodsaboooty

Upvote 0
Duuude, this map is awesome designed. Easy to play and great details everywhere! You watched Spongebob a way

I would love to see to add some cool details also:
- Locker of Davy Jones
- Good Noodle Board
- Some interior in the boat school

Also this cel shading effect is awesome.

Map is on our server - great work! ;)

EDIT: Also I would love to see this:
- Roger and the light bulb - and the light bulb mountain - Because without the light bulb roger has to die!
- Krabbyland

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some things you might want to look into:

- Map is pretty dark
- Intro-scene of bosses aren't working
- Probably the green dominant directional light is causing some blood to be green on the ground and bloat bile to be orange

The map is probably designed from this episode where the krusty krab has 24h open (also feat. Hash-Slinging Slasher)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Graveyard_Shift

Upvote 0
Very nice map! Some things I took note of:
-The trader pods have very small interaction space, could be bigger
-The small 'flowers' are hovering, you can see that on the shadows
-The sky (surface?) is too dark. I think the overall map is lit just fine, just not the sky. How the sun shines through the water is so effin beautiful, would be great if that view could be expanded.
- The fishhook lines should reach the surface.
- A crawler got stuck (walking back and forth) behind the first couple of boats to the left at the entrance to the boat school. Thought I took a screenshot, apparently I didn't..
- Lastly, too bad you can't get to (or just see) Spongebobs home, would be cool to at least see it in the background. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0