• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Africa

Thank you!

Looks cool!
The geometry looks ok and it looks like a fun map to play in.

Some pointers, if you're still working on it:
The light on one of the rooftops is way too big and needs to be scaled down. It looks ridiculous as it is.
The ground could look much better if it was a terrain, but it's ok.
The main problem I see is I feel as if the light had no direction. You use a skybox with a very stark, red sunset, but the map doesn't look like it's lit by that at all. If it was, you'd have long shadows and a strong red hue everywhere. Instead it seems like it's lit by local, small, whiteish lights. This is the main reason it still looks so chaotic. If you can bring more clarity to the lighting (and change the skybox for something less red, if need be) the realism of the map would shoot up considerably. Let me know if you need help with this.

I love the tricycle. Very cute.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the feed back. This was originally for my uni games design course I've recently finished so i wasn't planning to come back to it to do more work but i think i may. I know what you mean about the lighting, I was just trying to find a decent way to get a light rig into the SDK so it can cast the dusky sunlight across the map.

If i go back to do more work then I will definitely give you a shout dude but i may have another project with a few old classmates in mind if your interested in that as well?

Upvote 0