• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1018: Hotfix Available

StuntLionRooster

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Jul 30, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Hello everyone,

We're about to release another hotfix to resolve issues with the Return of the Patriarch update. This update is intended to mostly address issues with crashes reported in Farmhouse along with a handful of other changes. This is a full version and will require both servers and clients to update. We'll continue to work with Nvidia to eliminate crashes and re-enable High Flex settings as soon as possible.

Stability:
  • Further crash fixes and optimizations for Farmhouse

UI:
  • Corrected description for Rack 'Em Up perk skill
  • Owned cosmetic items will no longer be displayed on the store tab

Map:
  • Fixed missing textures on Burning Paris
  • Fixed popping geometry in Evacuation Point

Bugs:
  • Fixed a bug with Rack 'Em Up when using dual pistols
  • Fixed a bug where damage falloff based on range was applying to the .500 Magnums

Known issues:
  • Nvidia Flex is limited to LOW setting until we can resolve Flex related crashes.

Edit 12/10/2015

We just released a small patch to clients only, this is not a version bump and will not require servers to update or restart. It addresses a single issue:

• Fixed a bug where players did not have a button to use crates and keys in their inventory.

Btw I wanted to say that my farmhouse crashes were always related to PhysX.dll (I am using AMD GPU tho). I'll probably try the map again tomorrow and see if it will crash after this update.

PhysX by itself has nothing to do with the GPU it is a physics system that runs on the CPU and runs as the primary physics engine of many video games. We are using a very very recent version of PhysX and may be the first ones doing so. As such we occasionally we run into new bugs in the system.

Upvote 0
PhysX by itself has nothing to do with the GPU it is a physics system that runs on the CPU and runs as the primary physics engine of many video games. We are using a very very recent version of PhysX and may be the first ones doing so we occasionally we run into new bugs in the system.

when do you think we can expect the next long wait update/freecontent pack. as opposed to getting patched every few days.

Upvote 0
I tried yesterday on the one map I've made and it still was not working. I went back to version 2.012 of the map and it worked fine but it's not working on any version after that and I can't figure out what the difference is between the old versions and the new that would be causing it. I really don't want to start over from an older version considering it's only about half way of my current progress.
Bug splats were submitted, but I'll give it another whack tonight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice, hopefully doors won't always appear open in farmhouse now.... realized the problem was when doors were closed/welded and I joined, they always showed being open one way even if they were open the other way or welded. Didn't really get any crashes except one time, but was getting some frame drops (might have been my messed up driver which I fixed).

Upvote 0
PhysX by itself has nothing to do with the GPU it is a physics system that runs on the CPU and runs as the primary physics engine of many video games. We are using a very very recent version of PhysX and may be the first ones doing so. As such we occasionally we run into new bugs in the system.

Is that so? I thought PhysX was disabled by default for us, the AMD users. I know that it can go through the CPU if you have AMD GPU since they are not supporting PhysX but I thought KF2 is using different physics engine and PhysX is disabled altogether for the AMD users being an eye candy just for the NVIDIA owners lol. Good to know we (the AMD owners) are getting chunk of the cake too, even if its not the full thing :)

Upvote 0
Am I the only person in the whole Killing Floor community who's never been bothered by any farmhouse crashes? My laptop is a real potato though!

I think it has to do with higher graphics settings. Someone previously stated he only experienced crashes once setting his effects to high or above. Medium or below the problem vanishes.

Upvote 0