• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Keeping your head down: Interaction with the game world

hijackedzz8.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't think RO needs this system, eventhough its nice and all i just don't see it happening.

Try rainbow six vegas, it has FPS and gears kind of 3rd person and manouverability. It's an awesome combo. (but due to lack of support thanks to Ubi**** it died out very soon).

I wouldn't mind rainbow six vegas in a WW2 jacket with some RO gameplay sauce ontop.

Upvote 0
I think and awsum implementation would be somthing like the Call of Duty 2 interaction system of pressing use when wanting to climb over things. It makes such a differnce i think.

U dont feel so clumsy when running through object filled areas.

If u want to quickly dash over a sanbag, stand up, hit use, climbs over the sanbad and there you go.

Would be great

Upvote 0
I think if a bullet whizzes past you, you should instinctively look in the direction of the bullet, while also making some reflexive motions for cover. This would A) make suppresive fire more powerful, and B) make it easier to find out where people are shooting you from if you look in the direction of a noise.

I know thats controversial, but I 'm on a 12 inch laptop monitor with small little speakers in the front (so from one direction), this seriosily handicaps me in both the visual and sound department. Visually, alright, but if the game instantly recognized where sound was coming from (something people are pretty good at in real life, but game sound is very hard to find the direction from) it would help some. I think it would also add to the immersion, etc.

Mostly, though, suppresive fire needs to be devastatingly suppresive, while still often not deadly.

Upvote 0
are you for real? thats nuts

I thought virtual reality made people sick with epilepsey

and I was thinking of total interation, like your sitting in your chair and you lay down without moving, then you can control everything with your thoughts or something
Every (computer) screen can make people have epileptic seizures.

But on-topic, third-person (or rather anything but first-person view) in RO is against the philosophy of Red Orchestra.

There are plently ways of implementing actions for taking cover and opening a base of fire.

We already have a weapon-resting feature, if TWI could implement a Vietcong-like dynamic cover system and more important loud bullet cracks you'll definately search frantically for cover.

Upvote 0
I dunno... Either way, most machine gunners are more exposed than they would in be in real life.

Even in the most fortified bunkers in RO are little protection for a machine gunner from a rifleman's pixel bolter simply because on average he's exposing half his body when shooting.

I suppose you could make bunkers have one way transparent walls that you can shoot through from inside but that would be kind of unrealistic.

If only a machine gunner when mounted would only expose just his head slightly above the machine gun sites... Well... It would be harder to hit.

Upvote 0