• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kar reloading

I dont know if this has been posted before but i didnt look that hard:D .
anyway i saw how the sniper kar rifle reloads one at a time can't you do that with the regular kar just take some bullets out of the stripper clip and place them in one by one same goes for the MN

That would be more complicated and take longer to take the stripper clip out, take a few rounds off, put the stripper clip back, load the few rounds into the rifle, than it would just to finish firing the rounds and load the full stripper clip. Not to mention you are still left then with a stripper clip with a few rounds missing that you have to put in later on and be in the same boat.

Upvote 0
It would be better then firing off the unused rounds in the gun and giving away your position while you reload. i would like to be able to just remove the rounds in the gun and toss them even and put a new clip in. Im sure after a fight in ww2 they didnt wait till they were out of ammo to reload and go looking for a new fight with only 2 rounds left in the gun. not when it was possable to reload it full. As far as i know the only gun that couldnt be uloaded easy was the garand. Im pretty sure with all the bolt action rifles we should be able to just chamber the weapon over and over and pop out the rounds. dunno why thats not in the game.

Upvote 0
In real life half empty magazines of k98/Mosin-Nagant can be loaded with stripper clips. There is no problem in that at all. You just push down so many cartridges than magazine can take.

I wish it could be the same in game also.

That would still leave you with a half empty stripper clip for later. A better solution would be to have a handful of loose single rounds in a pocket to be able to individually load into a nearly full clip. Perhaps this would be a seperate little ammo counter of 5 individual rounds beside the counter already there showing how many clips you have left. The snipers load individually so the animations are already there, just need seperate keys to load either individual or clip. Perhaps this would be worthy of a mod?

Upvote 0
I'd actually find such a feature more irritating, since I tend to chamber the next round immediately. And at least with my Mosin-Nagant rifles, you can't open the chamber and insert loose rounds without first firing or ejecting the cartridge. I prefer to just stick with a Schutze sidekick, or a MG, and have them cover my ass if I need to reload. Otherwise if I'm too close to an enemy, I'll move in for the bayonet kill.

Upvote 0
That would still leave you with a half empty stripper clip for later. A better solution would be to have a handful of loose single rounds in a pocket to be able to individually load into a nearly full clip. Perhaps this would be a seperate little ammo counter of 5 individual rounds beside the counter already there showing how many clips you have left. The snipers load individually so the animations are already there, just need seperate keys to load either individual or clip. Perhaps this would be worthy of a mod?
I'm not even sure you'd need an extra button, it would just automatically use that animation if you reload while still having bullets left in the gun.
This would even be worthy of inclusion in the game, not just as a mod.
Although it may seem small it's a quite important feature.

Upvote 0
IIRC in Brothers in Arms if you reload with the Kar-98 before all rounds have been fired, you just work the bolt untill all remaining rounds have been ejected, then load a new clip. This would probably be the best way to do tactical reloads for the bolt-action rifles in RO.

Upvote 0