• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just started playing suicidal, get kicked 3 games in a row. Why?

I often see people initiate and relentlessly spam vote kicks seemingly randomly and for no reason. The vote kick should inform everyone who initiated the kick and have a much longer cool down because it really does get abused more than it should.

That said, never happened to me yet and I leveled up most my perks from lvl 0 to 10 in suicidal servers so I guess i'm super lucky.

Upvote 0
may i ask, what would you suggest then, as a zerker? Like, if you are never a berzerker, what qualities do you like to see one that is on your team/? thanks

One thing I've seen a lot of zerkers do is not watch a single pathway and run around to other spots that people are defending. This I find pretty annoying because not only are they taking away some fun of the game from others, they're also not defending the pathway they were first defending. I see other perks do this as well, but it's most common with berserkers.

Upvote 0
Offensive names are no reason to kick someone anyway. If a guy is playing ok and minding his business, he can call himself *** ****ing Adolf Hitler for all I care. Kicking for a screenname is a soft whiny thing to do, and a sign that you're desperate to paint yourself as a victim. Poor me my feelings are hurt.

Those types of people are fine as I can attest. But what of the people who actively try to piss people off? Two weeks after the Paris shootings I had to deal with a twat on a server who kept making paris shooting and muslim and jewish jokes every two minutes (guess which map we were on). That's not acceptable.

As for OP it has to be bad luck.

Upvote 0
One thing I've seen a lot of zerkers do is not watch a single pathway and run around to other spots that people are defending. This I find pretty annoying because not only are they taking away some fun of the game from others, they're also not defending the pathway they were first defending.

You got this half right.

I'm going from a HoE standpoint here because it demands the absolute extreme of the zerk's perk role. The zerk is best at performing trash clearing on the front lines. When zed time pops, he needs to sprint around to check up on other areas, just to make sure everything is going smoothly. So, yes, zerk should be running around within limited capacity. He is the guy who allows everyone else to perform without fear of being overrun.

Now this is addressed to OP: in addition to playing zerk well, you have to know when NOT to attack something. This is the advanced tactic most zerks never learn. There are times when the zerk better serves the team by hanging back, most notably with big zeds. The game has evolved to the point that some perks can easily handle the big guys without a zerk. In fact, a zerk only worsens the issue. Example below:

Scrake spawns. Gunslinger / mando readies to drop it quickly. A zerk's proper response here is to hang close to his ally and throw an emp at the scrake. This allows the headshot perks a much easier time in killing it without fear of retaliation. Also, if said ranged perk fudges the attempt, the zerk could always run in to finish the job. A zerk who runs up and starts smacking the scrake right away makes headshotting impossible while doing little damage, thus needlessly extending the scrake's presence and increasing the chance that the camp will be overrun.

I know most won't agree with this, but zerk requires more thought than most are aware. Wildly swinging at everything that moves is not optimal performance.

That's not acceptable.

The "which hate speech is and isn't acceptable" position is a dangerous one. Better think hard about that sort of philosophy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The "which hate speech is and isn't acceptable" position is a dangerous one. Better think hard about that sort of philosophy.

I'm not going to censor the free speech that I equally exercise but it was evident he was only doing it to get a rise out of someone. We're on a videogame. It's not a political forum or a general chat. Someone who says: "lol that nade blew up those zeds just like the terrorists did to the frogs xD" cannot be taken seriously.

Upvote 0
As off-topic as it is, this quote needs way more attention:
I know most won't agree with this, but zerk requires more thought than most are aware. Wildly swinging at everything that moves is not optimal performance.
I've seen plenty of rhetoric in the "Playing Berserker" thread and the "Berserker is OP now" thread suggested back then, as it still suggests now, that Berserker is a simple matter of spamming M2 and having a Field Medic spam alt-fire.

Give a smart HoE Berserker a Vlad-1000 nailgun, 5 EMPs, a Pulverizer and the C4 that a Demo has dropped after purchasing [1/7], and you've got yourself a player that can exercise restraint and be the most effective supporting perk in the game.

Give all the same equipment to an average, run-of-the-mill Berserker, and they'll turn it into a hot mess.

Upvote 0
I'm going from a HoE standpoint here because it demands the absolute extreme of the zerk's perk role. The zerk is best at performing trash clearing on the front lines. When zed time pops, he needs to sprint around to check up on other areas, just to make sure everything is going smoothly. So, yes, zerk should be running around within limited capacity. He is the guy who allows everyone else to perform without fear of being overrun

Yeah this is perfectly understandable when playing on HoE. I don't think the lower difficulties require that much utilization of the perk though. I personally see the other difficulties as more of just wanting to kill stuff and have fun, while HoE is where everyone needs to put on their try-hard pants.

Upvote 0
Yup, It's probably been bad luck.
Peeps are assholes nowadays.
Stick to your playstyle and if you continue to get kicked, pay attention to your positioning, avoid receiving a lot of hits from smaller tier zeds(so that you don't piss off the medic man) and generally act as the team's shield in dire situations(Big zeds, tanking)
If you still are getting kicked, for stick's sake, blacklist those annoying servers. I've been kicked only once and that was when I joined a team of 5/6.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I have 500 hours in KF2, and in that time have seen the suggestion to initiate votekick get mentioned exactly twice (nothing happened either time). I honestly don't believe votekick abuse is a common problem. Sounds like OP got freakishly unlucky or was doing something annoying (perhaps unknowingly).

Both times I saw ppl suggest a votekick it was for a zerk who joined a Sui game in mid waves, and went solo for multiple waves after repeated requests to stay with the team. Would have been a justified kick if someone had followed through, imo.

Are you playing:
-Lone Wolf while everyone else is grouped up?

This is happening more and more often in my Sui games. It is spoiling the game. I'm starting to think a private server will be the only way to play KF2 after release if a game filter isn't implemented.

Upvote 0