• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just some thoughts

Lord Dayradon

May 26, 2020
First and foremost; You guys have a golden opportunity here. This title is a unique and refreshing change from the same old same old. I haven't had this much fun since the Carmegedon series. I seriously hope your producers, lead designers, and the team, take it up to the exec's with the 'numbers only' eye glasses, and truly express how the community wants more. This could turn into a revenue stream if the chum is set right

Secondly, those beach balls in the sewers! They should not be immobile and indestructible. Heck give them the same properties as the chunks of meat we get when we kill something bigger than ourselves, just use a different texture. A segway to that, is just like we can hold things in our maw and thrash about, perhaps that could lead into, carrying various beach balls (or other items as bait for tourists/hunters) from a start point to an end point (maybe with out dropping it?).

I've already created a basic review on steam for this as a curator. You should really ramp up release on that platform. (will steam keys be issued for us that bought direct to support the title when it releases there?).

Finally, down the road if this title gets the attention the community wants, incorporating some sort of co-op mode in a year or so, would really increase revenue and interest. It's one thing to chomp mayhem and bloodshed on your own, it's another to be able to do it with a friend or two. I realize that something like this would likely be a major overhaul of the base code, but it IS using the Unreal Engine which all 4, almost 5 generations now is primarily created with multiplayer (co-op or otherwise) at it's heart. Perhaps if after a year of sales of the base game and any potential expansions, the revenue might justify some servers, or at least implementation of personal servers.

I must admit that I did find some of the balance out of whack. Level 1-4 trying to take down lvl 15 gators. Then Once I hit about level 6-7, I seemed to be able to get past those in the starting areas and move to other areas that had 5-6's and skyrocketed to 15-17 and beyond. And went back to complete the starter area quests. Maybe that was intended, but it seems a little unbalanced. The only other improvement I'd like to see, is with the controls. When trying to jump out of water, and bite something high up, it feels very erratic. I can do the same thing 3 different times and end up with 3 different results. I pick a starting point, swim up, hit my space, and 1 time I just snap swim parallel to the surface, rinse repeat but instead I breach and then dive back towards the camera, and the 3rd attempt nets a breach straight up. Each time I'm not even touching my mouse after I aim and then hold W. I don't know if it can be refined better, but it would be nice.