• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just pre-purchased

StevenXn

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Raleigh, NC, US
I'm new but I've been browsing this forum for the past few weeks and from all that I hear... its everything that I've always wanted a FPS to be. I've never played the mod but i hope that the gameplay is like nothing I've really experienced before... I'm hoping that teamwork and realism will be the focal points of this game... it looks amazing. I'm excited to meet and see all of you on the battlefield.

ps. thank god there arent a lot of 12 year old kids on here like "im going to |2oX0rs ur boX0rs 1337 pwned nub"<- bull****

daschewy said:
In terms of realism you cant compare the two, RO is way more realistic than the DOD's. In terms of team play it can be about the same some time but generally lots of people work together, and except for certain rare occasions, if you dont work together you wont win the match period.

ok sounds good. i like dod and dod:s a lot because its more realistic than most games out there.... but its just not realistic enough for me... knowing that RO is more realistic is great news lol. And as far as teamwork... that has more to do with the people playing the game... then the game itself.... i hope to find some good servers with players dedicated to teamwork and strategy.

Upvote 0
I am looking forward to getting a taste of RO. I just pre-loaded it.

I have been a fan of the DoD series and the CoD series, but both are lacking in more than a few areas. The tank aspect of the game intrigues me. CoD did not do too good a job with it IMO, and I am curious how RO will deal with them.

Well, as long as I can roam around the battlefield with a Mosin I will be happy.

Upvote 0
many of us have played since the mod was released & have played with some of the devs before they were famous , they have kept realism in mind throughout all the mod revisions & have listened & responded to the playerbase , you will not see running around at a million miles an hour
with railguns here , you will have to reload ,....& you will have to work together , In playing the mod I have always looked at as a historical simulation , it is not an arcade game
I really dont think anyone will be dissapointed with this game
the amount of work & thought that has gone into the mod alone is unmatched I have pre-ordered & I hope they do well & are able to support it for a good long time

Upvote 0
StevenXn said:
i also hope this game will be a challenge as far as me working and earning a skill level unmatched by someone who has just been playing for a few days
I can guarantee that this will be the case. Its been said many times, but its too true to let lie: in RO you can be a good as you want to be, and once you are that good then you can really start to find the little joys of the game :D.

RO is like any sport that requires skill. You must first develop your basics (shooting, moving, the works) and then you can go on to the fancy stuff (covering fire, clearing a room with a nade, coordinating an ambush).

You can play RO at the rec level, but since its an open league you're bound to get plenty of premier level players in the game too. So why not take the time to become one of them :).

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
I can guarantee that this will be the case. Its been said many times, but its too true to let lie: in RO you can be a good as you want to be, and once you are that good then you can really start to find the little joys of the game :D.

RO is like any sport that requires skill. You must first develop your basics (shooting, moving, the works) and then you can go on to the fancy stuff (covering fire, clearing a room with a nade, coordinating an ambush).

You can play RO at the rec level, but since its an open league you're bound to get plenty of premier level players in the game too. So why not take the time to become one of them :).

yeah sounds good, coordinating an ambush would be amazing haha. i see you're from north carolina too

Upvote 0
StevenXn said:
thats good news that for the most part this community is mature and looking for teamwork and the same kind of realism in a game.

btw: how would you compare the realism and teamwork to dod or dod:s?

All I've seen of DoD: S is a video where some guy jumps out of a first floor (not the ground floor) window. That was enough for me. All I'm saying is don't try it in RO ;)

Upvote 0