• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

just my 2 cents

Zeraphinos

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Wonderland
First of all i want to thank Tripwire for making such an awesome game . I rly enjoy every minute in this game . The atmopshere , environment , maps just everythings feels so authentic and unique . Great job tripwire ! ! !;)

So guys im following this forum since i purchased the game and i rly cant understand ur frustration and complains towards Ro2 . I mean i played both games and i cant see any this stuff u mention here ingame . Maybe im just blind but i have over 160 hours ingame playtime so im not sure . Maybe u guys didnt try this game in rl out , try to enjoy this game to see his charme .
1. Player count
Who the **** cares how many ppl play this game ? As customer i just want to be able to have a game started . and thats the case in 24/7 i can find a full server in europe .
2. Lags
Well maybe get a faster connection but for me the only time when i get some lag spikes is the time when i enter the game but those lags produced form hardware that tries to build the environment . So no lags for me .
3. Bugs
in 160 hours i never saw a rly game breaking bug . And tell me plz which game nowadays does not have any bugs when it gets released . If u want to play a buggy game try out Stronghold3 . Thats a fcked up game and not Ro2 .
4. Gameplay
So far i dont see any big difference . We have ww 2 guns , we have cap zones , we have tanks ( mg bot is fine just the ability to spot enemy also through smoke should be fixed ) , we have authentic maps , for me its quite similar . The only big difference atm is that the gameplay is faster alot faster like in ro2 but depends on map also . Size of map , moving spawn areas . . . But i like it bcs it reflects the reality . In stalingrad death was behind every corner and tactical buildings changed their owner every hour . So i rly cant understand why u call this game arcade . I mean u could run and gun or hipfire as much as in Ro2 like in Ro1 . So if u call Ro2 arcade then is Ro1 . There were also spwankillers in Ro1 and also meatgrinders in Ro1 so why u complain about stuff that exist also in Ro1 but noone cared at the time .
But seriously also player number plays also a role . U will see more spwankills on a 32 server then on 64 server . this i can guarantee you . But i dont blame the spwankillers , most of the time its just ur teams fault who failed in securing the flanks . Give u one example . I joined a 48 server . I pick up russian and saw machine gunner 0/ 4 I thought wtf why we dont have any machine gunners . Well germans won the round in less then 12 minute. Now i screamed in chat that we need more machinegunners . I told them where to go and in the second round germans wasnt able to cap B . we won the round. Everything depends on ur team . Ro2 is game that rewards teamplay , that rewards tactical gameplay and not like u guys tell arcade . Knowing the map , the choke points , the enemy route , the ability to rate when its time to assault or to defend and ur class , this are skills that u need and not a fast finger . So dont blame the game blame the ppl who play it like an arcade shooter . Ppl just need to learn how to play this game and thats it .
Now i read also alot ppl complain about lockdown . Well i like this feature bcs it rewards actualy tactical teamplay . If u loose bcs of lockdown then bcs u didnt work as a team thats all . So my desire is just to be patience and give the current playerbase just some time to grow up and start to play like it suppose to be played. And stop with ur complains it gets rly annoying and show some respect to the devs for making such a great game .
ANd sry for my bad english as u noticed english is not my native language .
Regards,
Billy :D

Nice post even if not perfect English (good enough to understand, though, good job). I love the game too, and all I need is a good populated server to play on. But, I'm sad for the game and I'd love there to be more servers and a lot more players. It's what a game like this deserves.

I can't argue with the people that hate the game or disagree with the devs' decisions, even in the case of a point being self-contradictory or technically incorrect, because ultimately it comes down to impression and taste. I can't tell someone to like artichokes...they either do or they don't, whether they or I correctly understand what it is or not.

For me in North America there is a lag issue...mainly, I think, because there is a problem with 64 players being too much somewhere in the combination of the game's code and with the server and client hardware. Most servers start out alright but as the round progresses lag sets in and gets worse. It's not just me, it's everyone in the server.

As it is now, the game is in a rough state as far as player numbers goes. I can only hope with the optimists that as the game gets finished (I admit, even as I love it, that it is incomplete), a free weekend here and a sale there will rehabilitate the player numbers and foster a loyal following to carry it through a long run like Ostfront had, with excellent player-made maps and --even though I wasn't a big fan of Ostfront's mods-- mods. As far as player numbers, I can only believe it's gotta get better than it is now. Here's to a great game, cheers.

Upvote 0
Ok guys, you all got to stop complaing about the bugs and other stuff that stop you from playing/enjoying the game, Zeraphinos doesn't have them, so they don't exist.
Perhaps he hasn't read the support area of the forums, which stretches to 129 pages.
So please stop making all this stuff up and pestering the developers to fix them.
The micro stuttering, sound loss, and reload bug i got are all in my imagination. Maybe i should go and live in Wonderland as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The micro stuttering, sound loss, and reload bug i got are all in my imagination.

Micro stuttering ? i have no idea what u mean . If u stutter then bcs of low fps or high ping . I have good pc and good connection so no lag for me . Only one one server lagg is high but bcs of hoster and thats it . Since the new patch i have no more sound loss . I used to loose sound after mapchange on some servers but now everything works fine . And come on reload bug ? Animation can hang bcs of latency but thats it nothing special . Gun is still reloading . Just animation hangs . And believe me most problem occur bcs ppl have just bad connection or just slow pc .

Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
Ok guys, you all got to stop complaing about the bugs and other stuff that stop you from playing/enjoying the game, Zeraphinos doesn't have them, so they don't exist.
Perhaps he hasn't read the support area of the forums, which stretches to 129 pages.
So please stop making all this stuff up and pestering the developers to fix them.
The micro stuttering, sound loss, and reload bug i got are all in my imagination. Maybe i should go and live in Wonderland as well.

The vast majority of the complaints do NOT exist on my machine either. :IS2:

Upvote 0