• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just Bought The Game...

Tugalazix

Sep 8, 2011
It's REALLY AWESOME!! Great work tripwire!:D

after reading some posts on these forums I was afraind of buyng it.
but glad I did.

One thing i notice the weapons are easier to handle, but I'am not complaining.

Also the stats seem to be off. i Started at level 12? and I'am sure i died more times then I killed someone :p.

I had a total blast playng last night!

And I'm going in for more! :D

but glad I did.

Also the stats seem to be off. i Started at level 12? and I'am sure i died more times then I killed someone :p.

Welcome. You start at level 10, and dying has no impact on your level.

Upvote 0
Was just like you a kid with new toys.

Hope you can get through stuttering gameplay, dipping fps, cracking sound, total disapperance of sound, shamefully easiest weapon handling in the genre, superhuman movement.

If you're core gamer, you'll be POed by these flaws, and if you're casual gamer you will not stick around long.

Anyways good luck.

Also try not to be too critical about their games, they are actively and secretly censoring posts by implementing hidden banning which prevent certaine ID from posting.

I have 2 ID and one ID can't post here while with other ID I can post.
They both have the same status, while with banned ID I posted some criticism in forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was just like you a kid with new toys.

Hope you can get through stuttering gameplay, dipping fps, cracking sound, total disapperance of sound, shamefully easiest weapon handling in the genre, superhuman movement.

If you're core gamer, you'll be POed by these flaws, and if you're casual gamer you will not stick around long.

Anyways good luck.

Also try not to be too critical about their games, they are actively and secretly censoring posts by implementing hidden banning which prevent certaine ID from posting.

I have 2 ID and one ID can't post here while with other ID I can post.
They both have the same status, while with banned ID I posted some criticism in forum.
not everyone gets these bugs buddy. i never got one of the bugs you just listed and I had the game since release. so just be quiet please. the game is terrific.

Upvote 0
2.8Ghz i5 760
GTX460 1G
4G ddr3

couldn't handle ro2 well even with manual optimization while the rig could handle GTA4 with avg. 56 fps with no stuttering.

It's well known fact that RO2 is not optimized enough with dipping FPS in MP (more than 12 ppl present, arty, multiple gun firing cause micro stuttering even with ultra rig)

No one can say RO2 is well optimized game and a good many ppl expressed their frustration over RO2's unoptimized status which is more like beta than released product.

Upvote 0

but glad I did.

Welcome to the game. Nice to hear you have a good time with it. And remember the game is only going to get better from now on, now that most of the major bugs has been ironed out and TWI begins to work on tweaking the gameplay, as well as with the SDK coming out soon which means new maps will begin to appear.

Upvote 0
2.8Ghz i5 760
GTX460 1G
4G ddr3

couldn't handle ro2 well even with manual optimization while the rig could handle GTA4 with avg. 56 fps with no stuttering.

It's well known fact that RO2 is not optimized enough with dipping FPS in MP (more than 12 ppl present, arty, multiple gun firing cause micro stuttering even with ultra rig)

No one can say RO2 is well optimized game and a good many ppl expressed their frustration over RO2's unoptimized status which is more like beta than released product.

"I am not having any fun, so I'll be damned if anyone else is going to!" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
"I am not having any fun, so I'll be damned if anyone else is going to!" :rolleyes:

If someone else having fun, it's good for them and I have nothing against it.

Though I've undergone serious hardship with it when the rig can handle GTA4 like a breeze, I sensed there's rather serious flaws with it and just trying to help out innocent buyer who might blew his money on something that he might regret buying aftrewards.

Upvote 0

Though I've undergone serious hardship with it when the rig can handle GTA4 like a breeze, I sensed there's rather serious flaws with it and just trying to help out innocent buyer who might blew his money on something that he might regret buying aftrewards.

The OP doesn't mention stutter or optimisation issues, something that he would surely have noticed from the get go.

If you are having these problems you should post about them in the support forum, instead of bringing it to every thread here regardless of the subject.

Upvote 0
The OP doesn't mention stutter or optimisation issues, something that he would surely have noticed from the get go.

If you are having these problems you should post about them in the support forum, instead of bringing it to every thread here regardless of the subject.

Well the textures take sometimes to load when i join a server, but its like 3 secs then its okay. but i think that is because my computer isnt top notch
i can run battlefield 3 on low graphics.

the game is awesome so far. i have no reason to complain.

Upvote 0

I have no regret! this game is awesome.
the biggers beef i have, is that the textures when i join a game take sometime to load. that is it. I give this game a 9 out of 10.

also i still play the original red orchestra. :)

Upvote 0

Posts like this might give wrong impression to potential buyers and lead to wrong purchase decisions so I am shooting for more balanced opinions in forum.

And I don't really think any customer support are helpful solving issues with pc games from long time experience with pc games.

Even well organised...EA support is in MOST cases useless solving out techinical issues of pc games.

Extensive web search is much more helpful in solving the issues in 7 out of 10 cases.

The issues I am experiencing is basically coming from rushed unfinished product that is RO2.

This kind of issues can't be cured with simple tweaking this or that and that is why I still am mad about the game and trying to give out balanced opinion on forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arete and un_fumeta
Upvote 0
I loved the game as when I just got it after playing years of RO/DH but the dumbing down of gameplay elements like unrealistic shooting mechanics, lack of sway etc made me go bored with it in under 40 hours of gameplay. Personally I think even BF3 is more realistic with the shooting mechanics right now so why would I play RO2?

Upvote 0