• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just bought, and had some problems.

zephkiel

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Hello there.

First and foremost, i'm not a native english speaker so please ignore any flaw in my speaking.
I bought KF during the summer sale on steam (couldn't resist!). So ichecked what was this whitelist stuff and such, saw the list itself, etc.
So i downnloaded said map on http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/ wich was a link approved by the tripwire guy.
And when i launch a game, half of them don't work, i mean my perks don't level.
My conclusion : those maps must not be the good ones.
So, is there a up to date whitelist mappack? would make my life easier...
i have to say i think this system is not very practical, we are pretty much on our own, no automatic thing to download maps or such...i'm disapointed frankly.

Second problem, when i wanted to activate a mutator (i.e clot buster), my perk don't lvl up aswell. "a steam error have prevented..." also occurs when i try to change the perk.
It was on the original west london, so it should not come from the map, wich works perfectly without mutators.

hope i was clear enough.

Thank in advance.

i have to say i think this system is not very practical, we are pretty much on our own, no automatic thing to download maps or such...i'm disapointed frankly.
When you join a server, you'll automatically download the map if you don't already have it.

Second problem, when i wanted to activate a mutator (i.e clot buster), my perk don't lvl up aswell.
This is expected behaviour, mutators are not whitelisted, you can still use them (like you can use any maps), just that you'll not perk progress.

Upvote 0
I thank you kindly.

but the maplist you linked to me is the same i saw. In game, there is no indicator on the maplist menu if the map is whitelisted or not.
You have to launch a game to verify yourself. It's frustrating.

That's why i asked if there were any up to date mappack, i'm bored of downloading dozen of maps. Well, nvm then.

And thanks about the information for the mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's why a tool ingame connected directly with the whitelist to check directly if the map is ok or not, and to download them would be damn cool.

We are just forced to struggle with all the versions of the map, having to do everything on ourselves.
I'm pretty sure there are ppl who don't even know about this whitelist stuff.

That's not practical at all.

Upvote 0