• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Jumppad just for zombies?

Take a Jumppad, and put a ZombieZone Volume over it. Just enough to where the player may lift up a little (casue of the blocker on the floor) but the zombies will use it.
Maybe have a wood plank or something to cover the jumppad, so the player doesnt wonder why hes "floating"

In DeathPit-ReVamp, i put the jumppads in boxes, and had ZombieZone Volumes for the collision on the boxes. Zombies went slightly into the box, then used the jumppad

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would do it the same way Fel suggested. And actually I've used this with success too. I had a small ladder on about a 60 degree angle and zeds were getting stuck under it and having probs getting from upper to lower level and all this crap. So I made the ladder collision free but put a (steep) staircase shaped ZombieZoneVolume on it. Then under the ladder there's a little jump pad that the zeds use to quickly 'ascend the ladder'. Noones the wiser seriously, and it keeps the spot exploit free.

Upvote 0