• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jump over trenches/sandbags

Jump over trenches/sandbags

• Really useful, another point on realism

Votes: 132 96.4%
  • Not useful at all/i wouldnt use it never

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

Xi0N

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2006
My idea is that for example, you are behind some sandbags, and maybe you want to jump to the other side.... What you have to do is just go around the sandbags, no? what about a system, similar to the one in Call of duty, where you can just get close to the obstacle and an advise will apear in the screen, saying that, if you press the jump button, you wil just jump to the other side, or climb the trenche in where you currently are.

IMO this is great, but we also need climbing!

For this, it's best to have some sort of Hidden & Dangerous-kind of leaping.
It's useful for getting over trenches and dugouts, but it's useless for bunnyhopping since you use your legs to break your jump decrease stamina as you land rather than jump! :eek:

Combine this with stepping, mantling and vaulting, and I assure you. That will pwn! :D

Upvote 0
RandomSkater said:
For some reason, the vaulting part made me imagine some guy with a rifle trying to pole vault. :D

I agree with the sandbag, trench jumping idea.
OMG no!

We need them all in order to maintain a steady climbing system...
Otherwise it'll be much like Call of Duty 2 with vaulting only...

We need all 4 FFS, and now! :D

Upvote 0
Xi0N said:
My idea is that for example, you are behind some sandbags, and maybe you want to jump to the other side.... What you have to do is just go around the sandbags, no? what about a system, similar to the one in Call of duty, where you can just get close to the obstacle and an advise will apear in the screen, saying that, if you press the jump button, you wil just jump to the other side, or climb the trenche in where you currently are.

Upvote 0
I like the idea.

Maybe not for leaping trenches..prehaps climb up out of them?...but being able roll over sandbags would be very cool.

Speaking of....i think there is a Bug with the Trenchs?

When you run up to a trench you dont just fall in...you get stuck on the edge..and to get in you have to go to prone...which is kinda silly....but then again prehaps it is to make it seem like you have to climb into it..but if you where a soldier in open fire..im sure you would be happy to just jump straight in ...even if it was 3 meters deep and you broke a leg doing it.

Upvote 0
Really usefull indeed. I would love to see both features.
What would work for the jumping part is that you would have to load the jump so to speak. Just like the bayonette attack. The longer you keep the jumpbutton pressed the further you jump.
I don't fear bunnyhoppers if this feature would be implemented because of the stamina feature in RO.

Mantling objects that have the "deployment" feature (resting your gun on an object) would be great.

Upvote 0
Sclass12 said:
Why is the climbing feature always attributed to Call of Duty? It was originally in Vietcong (which also had iron sights before Call of Duty, which I also see attributed to CoD) which was released months before Call of Duty.

Maybe because CoD has been more popular then Vietcong? I tried playing it lots of times, not many servers though. And that makes me think it never was that popular.
About the Ironsights. The first game/mod that I played that had that was Infiltration for UnrealTournament the original. It was also the first shooter with free-aim and no crosshairs and a fatigue/stamina system. In the later versions it also had ballistics like in RO.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
About the Ironsights. The first game/mod that I played that had that was Infiltration for UnrealTournament the original. It was also the first shooter with free-aim and no crosshairs and a fatigue/stamina system. In the later versions it also had ballistics like in RO.
Well I know for a fact that D-Day: Normandy, the Quake mod which went over to Quake 2 had ironsights, no crosshairs and believe is HUD-less aswell... :D

Upvote 0