• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Japanese semi automatic rifles

Japanese semi automatic rifles

• No japanese semi automatic rifles (like now)

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • More than 2 for the japanese

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Only 1 or 2 for the japanese (prototype like)

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
I think, for gameplay balance, there should be a rare implementation for japanese semi automatic rifles.

Like the MKB42 in Stalingrad....

Off course not the amount in comparation like the US forces own, but just 2 or even 1 slot for the japanese would be good.

Its kind of really easy for the americans to fight down the enemy.

Type 4 / Type 5 rifles :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_4_rifle

Type_5_Rifle_IRL_Photo.jpg

I disagree with it on historical grounds. I'm less opposed to Axis using "captured" M1's although I'm skeptical it happened very often. Axis heros can already do this I assume? I'm not a leveler upper.
I'm in agreement, Axis hero's should be able to use the Garand, if the Japanese need a semi auto rifle that badly. AFAIK you can't spawn with the M1 Garand as Axis. I believe on certain maps you can spawn with the M1 Carbine as certain hero classes like, mortar. But the M1 Carbine is one of the worst weapons in the game, so I prefer the bolt action over the Carbine.
I'd settle for a BAR for MG hero class too, at level 50 it's essentially an MG capable of being shoulder fired.

Personally I don't think Axis NEEDS it that badly, but I would never turn down a new weapon, it just adds more choices IMO, that's never a bad thing. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They do actually, it's called differential pressure. That's 11th grade science for ya.

Thats cool. 2nd shot your magic pressure is gone. You might be asking yourself, why would I shoot the tank when you can shoot the carrier? Well, in iwo jima, there have been TONS of times where the tank is exposed since thr high elevation and angle when the flamer is hiding behind cover. Just shoot it and bam. Another rifleman :p

Upvote 0
@Murder Inc
Yes...finally I understood all arguments (at least this, that such rifles were never fielded)....
....still there is a thing worth to discuss about it.
2 or even 1 slot of captured Garand's....

...as 1 captured Garand would appeal on battlefield - no big deal in my eyes.
But for game balance it might be better, as now, normally americans win maps.
(Yes, I also played a lot of japanese victories, I dont say it, but the rule is in my experience that americans win easily. A single semi rifle for the Tenno would not change a lot, but giving japanese troops a better chance to stay in combat.)

Greetings

Upvote 0